• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frontline looks good, thanks. I see it is on YouTube as well.
Its probably the best longform journalism on tv.

In any language.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like frontlines pr guy ill just post this from the wiki to show how good and well respected the show is

After the September 11 attacks, the White House requested a copy of "Hunting Bin Laden". In 1999, Frontline had produced this in-depth report about Osama bin Laden and the terrorist network that would come to be known as Al-Qaeda in the wake of the 1998 United States embassy bombings. Following the September 11 attacks, Frontline produced a series of films about Al-Qaeda and the War on Terrorism. In 2002, the program was awarded the DuPont-Columbia gold baton for the seven films.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Then the Mexican [Narcos] started and i just didn't care.
I saw it had both Diego Luna and Scoot McNairy (two actors I’ll watch in just about anything) but I couldn’t make it through the first episode. It’s just more of the same. I’m yearning for Netflix to make a different kind of show.

In other news, I caught seasons 3-4 of Better Call Saul recently. If you’ve only seen the first season or two, you’ll definitely want to finish it. Long stretches of Mike/Fring/Salamanca plot lines make it indistinguishable from Breaking Bad. (Not that the bits with Bob Odenkirk are bad, it was just a pleasant surprise).

Nikos

Reaction score
I saw it had both Diego Luna and Scoot McNairy (two actors I’ll watch in just about anything)
Scoot McNairy is always excellent.
I think I might watch Halt and Catch Fire at some point.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scoot McNairy is always excellent.
I think I might watch Halt and Catch Fire at some point.
Ah, thanks for reminding me about that one. I’ve got to finish the later seasons.

He (and almost everyone else) was really good in that one. It’s an interesting period piece without being too cartoony. Kind of like The Americans, but with a software company.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1582075104553.png

Started watching this evening and on episode 2. A little odd but great music. You are guaranteed to Shazam the tunes every 2 - 3 minutes

The big girl from the movie Dolemite steals the damn show

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOLIATH on Amazon Prime binged it this past couple of nights, two episodes in season one to go.

Burnt out Jedi lawyer Billy McBride takes on the Dark Empire as personified by John Hurt who plays the evil emperor and McBrides nemesis Donald Cooperman. Corruption greed and evil arms dealers, the good whore whose puppies are straining to get out of the kennel, dish licking. An evil Sith DEA informant.

This is good, this is very good. Its well acted drama delivered by an excellent ensemble cast. The story develops at pace and its dark as hell it self. Watch it you should.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GOLIATH on Amazon Prime binged it this past couple of nights, two episodes in season one to go.

Burnt out Jedi lawyer Billy McBride takes on the Dark Empire as personified by John Hurt who plays the evil emperor and McBrides nemesis Donald Cooperman. Corruption greed and evil arms dealers, the good whore whose puppies are straining to get out of the kennel, dish licking. An evil Sith DEA informant.

This is good this is very good. Its well acted drama delivered by an excellent ensemble cast. The story develops at pace and its dark as hell it self. Watch it you should.
Season one is great. Season two is...very different. Less legal drama, more drama (although the rotten tomatoes score is actually higher).

Haven't seen 3 yet. Personally I hope it looks more like s1 than s2.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll leave you hoping s3 was more like s2. Just saying. Being familiar with the subject and setting makes it a little more interesting though. Devin Nunes country.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched the first episode Perpetual Grace. Very interesting. Has anyone else seen it?

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 episodes into Perpetual Grace, Ltd. It's funny, fairly original and wonderfully shot. So far I would highly recommend.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw it had both Diego Luna and Scoot McNairy (two actors I’ll watch in just about anything) but I couldn’t make it through the first episode. It’s just more of the same. I’m yearning for Netflix to make a different kind of show.

In other news, I caught seasons 3-4 of Better Call Saul recently. If you’ve only seen the first season or two, you’ll definitely want to finish it. Long stretches of Mike/Fring/Salamanca plot lines make it indistinguishable from Breaking Bad. (Not that the bits with Bob Odenkirk are bad, it was just a pleasant surprise).
Better Call Saul does a better job hitting the themes of Breaking Bad than Breaking Bad did. It’s so underrated.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.