• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What tie/bow tie do you want?

dapperskinnytie

Reaction score
Hi,

There's certain ties/bow ties/accessories I really like which I can't seem to find for a reasonable price anywhere in Australia. I'd be interested if anyone else has the same issue? Maybe one day soon I'll start a shop.

For example:
- classy tie with horse prints (ralph lauren inspired)
- real basic bow tie (i.e. no pretied)

Stiva

Reaction score
Dear DSK (not the French politician)

What is a "reasonable price" is a relative concept.

I have recently, and for the first time, had ties made by Sam Hober. In that process you can stipulate fabric, length, width and construction for significantly less than A$100 per tie. The workmanship is excellent. The customer service is exceptional. Emails receive almost instantaneous replies. I will not buy an off the rack tie again - in or outside Australia.

Hober has a selection of animal print ties. Although there are not presently horse prints on offer - even accepting the premise that such designs are "classy" - there is a good range of fabric that is frequently refreshed.

Bow ties are more difficult. There is Le Noeud Papillon, but even his mother would be challenged to describe his prices as "reasonable". This is a premium product at a premium price. Tie Rack, etc are not up to the mark. Henry Bucks are surprisingly limited in range. You could try Brooks Bros and the like by Internet order, but I say go Australian and give Noeud a try. After all, how many real basic bow ties do you need?

Stiva

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads