• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IIRC, that scene wasn't even filmed for blade runner. It was an unused patch of aerial footage from The Shining that they added Ford's forced voiceovers to.
The other versions of the film remove the voiceover and completely drop the scene. Basically only exists because the studio forced it in at the last minute to make the ending happy.

Some of the shots were leftovers. Of course, the shots with Deckard and Rachel were filmed.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

so, i watched blade runner the final cut last night. weird ass movie. why was LA turned into china/japan, and what the eff happened to the sun?
would have liked more fighting and killing too.
no bad all in all tho.

Read the book, it is amazing and things will make a lot more sense.

I saw a play last year based on "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" and there was a live naked chick in it. Score.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched "Office Space" again the other night while it was on televesion. Very funny movie.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i do not read, sorry.

I saw a play last year based on "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" and there was a live naked chick in it. Score.

:slayer:

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Philip K. Dick -- whose last name is synonymous with penis (tee hee) -- had a lot of sexual allusions in his books, but I don't recall there being much in DADOEL. What was her character, if you remember?

(By the way, DADOEL was good, but he wrote some better books. Those interested should check out A Scanner Darkly, The Man in the High Castle, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich (which is really, really weird, but I liked it), and Radio Free Albemuth. I've also heard/read really good things about Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said and VALIS.)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Philip K. Dick -- whose last name is synonymous with penis (tee hee) -- had a lot of sexual allusions in his books, but I don't recall there being much in DADOEL. What was her character, if you remember?
(By the way, DADOEL was good, but he wrote some better books. Those interested should check out A Scanner Darkly, The Man in the High Castle, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich (which is really, really weird, but I liked it), and Radio Free Albemuth. I've also heard/read really good things about Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said and VALIS.)

It was the only book that I read by him. I have friends that are into him bigtime. I didn't like the scanner darkly movie, fwiw. DADOEL had some very good things going on in it, great undertones of religion and such. All in all it isn't the kind of book that I generally read.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when one attends a live play, and there are naked ladies in it, is it gauche to take pics?

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
watched act of valor (i think that's the one with real navy seals)
i appreciated the movie in itself.. but there's a reason why real seals don't act.

safe house: meh. i feel like recently, denzel has been playing the tragic hero role a lot.

MIB III: i thought it was the best MIB to date, but still "meh"

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^

I'll never understand the hype behind Red October. It was in no way a bad film, in fact I rather like the movie, I just don't understand why its "classic" status is so universal.

Plus one. I saw it, enjoyed it, but wasn't wowed or anything. Just an acceptably done movie.

It reminds me of Hollywood's unsurprising disrespect for German people.

Once the Germans are deserving of respect they can get it. But they're a few centuries away at best. Except the Bavarians but that's because they are Catholic.

Yesterday I rented "Everything Must Go." I'd heard it was good but didn't know much about it. I was spending the evening with my daughters, who love Will Ferrel. It was listed as a comedy, so I thought 'perfect!' It became quite clear early on that this was no comedy...but, to my surprise, they really liked it. And so did I.

I think they changed the marketing to a comedy because it didn't do well as a drama. Holy hell though I loved that movie. It was a very, I guess claustrophobic movie in a sense and doesn't have the type of story that will let it become GOAT but how subtly stlyistic it was, the music, hell, even Will Ferrell's comedic moments were all so exceptionally done and were nice little touches. Oh, and seeing another side of WF qua actor was incredibly refreshing and he does it so well. Like its really disappointing because Everything Must Go didn't do well financially (as well as it should have) I doubt we'll see that side of WF. Then again, how many dramatic roles has Adam Sandler appeared in....

Movies in which Dolph Lundgren drops from the ceiling of Asian underground nightclubs, then proceeds to massacre everybody in them. Those movies are cool...

You may have missed my other posts on this but Dolph Ludgren is....The Greatest Cultural Phenomenon of All Time.

Watched The Avengers in 3D last night. It was aight. I was laughing at all the jokes. Definitely an homage to all that makes comic books great. Fantastic visuals. Meh on the story and acting. I thought Bruce Banner was a very complex and well acted part, however.

Oh, and redheaded Scarlett Johansson is the hottest actress around. Easily.

Anyway, came home, had a couple rented DVDs. One was Watchmen and I started it but it was so scratched I couldn't get it to continually play. Liked the first 40 minutes.

Then put in Untraceable. The type of movie I love. So so so so stupid.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched larry crowne last night with the wife. nice movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads