• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I saw prometheus today. I enjoyed it. I saw it in 3D and felt everything in 3D was done well unlike the avengers. I'm trying to figure out the first scene but from my understanding it is how mankind on earth was formed?

i enjoyed it as well. there is a lot of alien nerd issues with it apparently, :) but i liked it.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Close...the sun starts coming up and the clouds clear at the moment Roy dies. Plus, I believe the scene with D and R driving off was used only once and is understandably very unpopular.

IIRC, that scene wasn't even filmed for blade runner. It was an unused patch of aerial footage from The Shining that they added Ford's forced voiceovers to.

The other versions of the film remove the voiceover and completely drop the scene. Basically only exists because the studio forced it in at the last minute to make the ending happy.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing:

Hard to believe but DL the guy has some kind of out there IQ. Like super - genius or summat.

they shld give him better lines

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Yesterday, Edwin’s Postcards from the Zoo + a stroll through the Royal Botanic Gardens. You can’t beat that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

headhunters yesterday.
surprised to see jamie lannister in it...

lol, i was surprised to see him in black hawk down when i saw it a few months ago.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who was he in Black Hawk Down?

Also watched this, was pretty good.

splashpic.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who was he in Black Hawk Down?

he was gordon, one of the helicopter evac guys that, iirc, gets killed in a shoot out trying to save some injured soldiers.

:(

Last edited:

Arthur PE

Reaction score
he was gordon, one of the helicopter evac guys that, iirc, gets killed in a shoot out trying to save some injured soldiers.
frown.gif

Master Sergeant Gary Gordon
SF Op Det D (Delta) Operator
estimated that they (his partner) killed 70 guys before he was killed
awarded the CMoH

his request to intervene was denied twice, after imploring the chain of command, they left it up to him
he could have flown away, clean, he was ordered to, but insisted to go doen and fight

gordonandshughart.gif

*GORDON, GARY I.
Rank and organization: Master Sergeant, U.S. Army. Place and date: 3 October 1993, Mogadishu, Somalia. Entered service at: ----- Born: Lincoln, Maine. Citation: Master Sergeant Gordon, United States Army, distinguished himself by actions above and beyond the call of duty on 3 October 1993, while serving as Sniper Team Leader, United States Army Special Operations Command with Task Force Ranger in Mogadishu, Somalia. Master Sergeant Gordon's sniper team provided precision fires from the lead helicopter during an assault and at two helicopter crash sites, while subjected to intense automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenade fires. When Master Sergeant Gordon learned that ground forces were not immediately available to secure the second crash site, he and another sniper unhesitatingly volunteered to be inserted to protect the four critically wounded personnel, despite being well aware of the growing number of enemy personnel closing in on the site. After his third request to be inserted, Master Sergeant Gordon received permission to perform his volunteer mission. When debris and enemy ground fires at the site caused them to abort the first attempt, Master Sergeant Gordon was inserted one hundred meters south of the crash site. Equipped with only his sniper rifle and a pistol, Master Sergeant Gordon and his fellow sniper, while under intense small arms fire from the enemy, fought their way through a dense maze of shanties and shacks to reach the critically injured crew members. Master Sergeant Gordon immediately pulled the pilot and the other crew members from the aircraft, establishing a perimeter which placed him and his fellow sniper in the most vulnerable position. Master Sergeant Gordon used his long range rifle and side arm to kill an undetermined number of attackers until he depleted his ammunition. Master Sergeant Gordon then went back to the wreckage, recovering some of the crew's weapons and ammunition. Despite the fact that he was critically low on ammunition, he provided some of it to the dazed pilot and then radioed for help. Master Sergeant Gordon continued to travel the perimeter, protecting the downed crew. After his team member was fatally wounded and his own rifle ammunition exhausted, Master Sergeant Gordon returned to the wreckage, recovering a rifle with the last five rounds of ammunition and gave it to the pilot with the words, "good luck." Then, armed only with his pistol, Master Sergeant Gordon continued to fight until he was fatally wounded. His actions saved the pilot's life. Master Sergeant Gordon's extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty were in keeping with the highest standards of military service and reflect great credit upon him, his unit and the United States Army.​

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard to believe but DL the guy has some kind of out there IQ.  Like super - genius or summat.

they shld give him better lines

Yeah. He's some kind of chemist, i think. I actually really love lundgren flicks. He's a karate champ, too.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
Yeah. He's some kind of chemist, i think. I actually really love lundgren flicks. He's a karate champ, too.

a very smart and talented guy
After graduating from high school with straight-A grades, in the late 1970s he spent some time in the United States on various academic scholarships, studying chemistry at Washington State University and Clemson University. Lundgren says that "my dad always told me that if I wanted to make something special with my life, I had to go to America."[3] After serving his mandatory two years in the Swedish Marine Corps at the Amphibious Ranger School, he enrolled at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and graduated with a degree in chemical engineering.
Amidst his years of studying, Lundgren honed his karate skills by training hard in the dojo for five years, eventually attaining the rank of 3rd dan black belt in Kyokushin in 1978. He captained the Swedish Kyokushin karate team, and was a formidable challenger at the 1979 World Open Tournament (arranged by the Kyokushin Karate Organization) when he was only a green belt. He won the European championships in 1980 and 1981, and a heavyweight tournament in Australia in 1982.

In 1982, Lundgren graduated with a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney, finishing with the highest results in his class. During his time in Sydney, he earned a living as a bouncer in a nightclub. He was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1983.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Master Sergeant Gary Gordon SF Op Det D (Delta) Operator estimated that they (his partner) killed 70 guys before he was killed awarded the CMoH his request to intervene was denied twice, after imploring the chain of command, they left it up to him he could have flown away, clean, he was ordered to, but insisted to go doen and fight
gordonandshughart.gif

[TR] [TD]
*GORDON, GARY I.​
Rank and organization: Master Sergeant, U.S. Army. Place and date: 3 October 1993, Mogadishu, Somalia. Entered service at: ----- Born: Lincoln, Maine. Citation: Master Sergeant Gordon, United States Army, distinguished himself by actions above and beyond the call of duty on 3 October 1993, while serving as Sniper Team Leader, United States Army Special Operations Command with Task Force Ranger in Mogadishu, Somalia. Master Sergeant Gordon's sniper team provided precision fires from the lead helicopter during an assault and at two helicopter crash sites, while subjected to intense automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenade fires. When Master Sergeant Gordon learned that ground forces were not immediately available to secure the second crash site, he and another sniper unhesitatingly volunteered to be inserted to protect the four critically wounded personnel, despite being well aware of the growing number of enemy personnel closing in on the site. After his third request to be inserted, Master Sergeant Gordon received permission to perform his volunteer mission. When debris and enemy ground fires at the site caused them to abort the first attempt, Master Sergeant Gordon was inserted one hundred meters south of the crash site. Equipped with only his sniper rifle and a pistol, Master Sergeant Gordon and his fellow sniper, while under intense small arms fire from the enemy, fought their way through a dense maze of shanties and shacks to reach the critically injured crew members. Master Sergeant Gordon immediately pulled the pilot and the other crew members from the aircraft, establishing a perimeter which placed him and his fellow sniper in the most vulnerable position. Master Sergeant Gordon used his long range rifle and side arm to kill an undetermined number of attackers until he depleted his ammunition. Master Sergeant Gordon then went back to the wreckage, recovering some of the crew's weapons and ammunition. Despite the fact that he was critically low on ammunition, he provided some of it to the dazed pilot and then radioed for help. Master Sergeant Gordon continued to travel the perimeter, protecting the downed crew. After his team member was fatally wounded and his own rifle ammunition exhausted, Master Sergeant Gordon returned to the wreckage, recovering a rifle with the last five rounds of ammunition and gave it to the pilot with the words, "good luck." Then, armed only with his pistol, Master Sergeant Gordon continued to fight until he was fatally wounded. His actions saved the pilot's life. Master Sergeant Gordon's extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty were in keeping with the highest standards of military service and reflect great credit upon him, his unit and the United States Army.​
[/TD] [/TR]
wow. that is unbelievable. RIP.
US_flag_half_mast_hg_clr.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP to him as well :(

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mysteries of Lisbon

image003.jpg

Great movie.

Its about secrets, coincidences, revenge, honor, love and family. 19th century period film set in Portugal. 4 1/2 hours, but doesn't challenge you with it. There is a ton of depth and detail as the time is needed to unravel the stories within stories within stories. Excellent cinematography and the writing too.

Its also a quirky movie. Timing is off at times, camera almost never does a closeup, long tracking shots, all very well constructed and thought through. Incredibly honest movie with its dark reality.

Gets better the more I think about it. See it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads