What does your wife wear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LARon, Oct 11, 2006.

1. LARon

LARon Senior member

As fastidious as most of the members here are, I was wondering if your wife/significant other shares your passion for high style?

If not, how does that affect your relationship? (are you always better dressed than her? if so, does it make either of you uncomfortable? does she try to tone you down?)

If so, in what way does she express her style (i.e., is she pursuing couture while you're pursuing bespoke?) if so, how do you manage such expensive indulgences? do you ever find yourself trying to influence her purchases?

Thankfully, I'm divorced and currently unattached.

2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Well, my wife certainly is not as fastidious about dressing well as I am. She certainly does not have 30+ pairs of shoes laying around.

She has learned to live with my addiction. I'd say she dresses nice when going out, but mostly casual comfortable. When we do dress up, I am almost always "better" attired than she is; it does not bother her, however. One thing about beautiful woman is that they look good even in rags. My mutt-face, on the other hand, needs to be visually diverted by nice looking clothes [​IMG]

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

my fiancee is *almost* as obsessed with her own style as I am. She mixes 50s rockabilly and 60s mod, a mix of Audrey Hepburn with Jean Seberg and a dash of Yvonne Lime. Her downfall are Kate Spade purses, Lulu Guinness shoes, repros of 1950s shoes and Anthropologie. My biggest influence in her purchases is showing her the greatness of Paul Smith's women line and Nudie jeans. we mesh well because we're both serious disciples of the church of Narcissism.

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Mine dresses very well. I cannot keep track of exactly what she is wearing lately, but I know that there is a good amount of Yojhi, Dries van Noten and Antonio Marras. Lots and lots of shoes too.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

my wife doesnt spend as much as i do on clothes, and i probably have 3x more apparel than her, but she dresses fine in a simple way. and she finds spending on those designer house items from lv, gucci and such as frivolous and not worth her money.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I dont have a wife, and if I did, she'd be naked all the time. Or dressed all slutty for me.

[​IMG]

Maybe thats why I'm not married. Unrealistic expectations.

7. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

My fiance looks good no matter what she's wearing - without trying that hard. I have to work hard at looking good. [​IMG]

8. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I dont have a wife, and if I did, she'd be naked all the time. Or dressed all slutty for me.

[​IMG]

Same thoughts !

9. Newton

Newton Senior member

Am unmarried as of yet.

I am trying to help my girlfriend by pointing things out to her.

I could only dream of her being more narcissistic. But, for now, I shall just try to squeeze her into buying that nice swimsuit for summer (Australia.)

10. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

While Mrs. Vintage Gent doesn't quite share my level of obsessiveness in clothes, she almost always manages to be well turned out--that intersection of classy and alluring.

11. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

12. Matt

Matt [email protected]

[​IMG]

Slim at his finest [​IMG]

13. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Slim at his finest [​IMG]

Perfect example of why I'm dressing as him for halloween.

14. kabert

kabert Senior member

While Mrs. Vintage Gent doesn't quite share my level of obsessiveness in clothes, she almost always manages to be well turned out--that intersection of classy and alluring.

Ditto for my wife. She does not, however, have any particular appreciation for a handstitched Borrelli shirt over a similarly cut but machine-made blouse by Piazza Sempione.

15. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Not married but I am attracted to well groomed women. Their clothing doesnt have to be expensive or the best but it has to be well cared for and worn well. However, I also like a woman in casual things as long as she's healthy and very well groomed. Nice, well kept for hair, clean straight teeth, clear skin, good posture, manicured hands, no bad habits like nail biting, nose picking, tooth picking, body scratching etc... Honestly, who likes a slob?