• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does your wife wear?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
She like Thomas Pink shirts a lot and loves shoes but she buys moderately priced shoes but in quantity. I think women have much different ideas about shoes than men.
My wife really likes Thomas Pink shirts also. They tend to fit her very well. Too bad they're so expensive for what they are. I actually have a huge influence on her shoe collection. The latest pair that she has gotten a steady stream of compliments on was chosen by me. b edit: spelling

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whatever she wants!

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
marriage lesson #1:

if you dislike the sensation of one's partner's palm across your cheek, do not under any circumstances buy a crotchless pvc bodysuit and insist she wears it.

Hilarious. (Thank god I've never had that problem -- such things are always presented in the second box, after the "little blue box" has been opened, and you never "insist," never.)

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff
Not married but I am attracted to well groomed women. Their clothing doesnt have to be expensive or the best but it has to be well cared for and worn well. However, I also like a woman in casual things as long as she's healthy and very well groomed. Nice, well kept for hair, clean straight teeth, clear skin, good posture, manicured hands, no bad habits like nail biting, nose picking, tooth picking, body scratching etc... Honestly, who likes a slob?

Well said.

*****cat does not have a single annoying or disgusting habit. She takes very long visits to the ladies' room, but she never ever applies makeup nor even checks a compact mirror in public, doing which would be grounds for immediate breakup.

Unfortunately, her style does not complement mine and is a source of embarrassment to me. But I have griped about this here before and so will not
deadhorse-a.gif

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Well said.

*****cat does not have a single annoying or disgusting habit. She takes very long visits to the ladies' room, but she never ever applies makeup nor even checks a compact mirror in public, doing which would be grounds for immediate breakup.

Unfortunately, her style does not complement mine and is a source of embarrassment to me. But I have griped about this here before and so will not
deadhorse-a.gif

I was under the impression you were no longer with her.
Does the saga continue, with the co-worker spotting you with *****cat?

Carey

Reaction score
Wife is happy in Lucky Jeans and variety of shoes from Dansko to whatever the last pair was that cost $300.00 for a sandal.

She lets me pick out a lot of her clothes, but if she will not buy anything that she does not like. Her current favorite store is Anthropologie, and my favorite label for her is Nannette Lapore.

Trinny Constantine and Suzanna Woodall have been the most influential people affecting her sense of style. Since we saw their show "What Not to Wear" on BBC America four years ago, we completely replaced her wardrobe. We have been together for ten years and she doesn't have a single piece of clothing from before we met, and only a few things that are more than four years old. Same for me, except for my Alden shoes.

It was their influence that got me back into flat front trousers and slim fitting shirts. GQ and Esquire had piled on by then. This has challenged a lot of Flusser's influence.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
I was under the impression you were no longer with her.
Does the saga continue, with the co-worker spotting you with *****cat?

Yes, the saga continues. *****cat has an excellent personality and is always fun to be with. We get along very well. I'm not crazy about her style of dressing or her hairstyle, and she's not my ideal for looks, but so far her personality is what's more important.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not married, but I'll answer your questions anyway.

Originally Posted by LARon
For those of you who dress better or spend more on clothes than your partner, how do you reconcile your obvious desire to be well (or very well) turned out with her apparent indifference or lesser enthusiasm for that effect?

It's usually not a problem, though I did have one girl tell me that I was high maintenance. Normally, they take pleasure in the way I dress, though not to the same degree as I do.

Do you ever feel guilty for your heightened sense of vanity
God no! I embrace it.

or do you ever feel that she's not keeping up her end of the team (especially, for example, if you're out somewhere where most other women are exuding a high level of polish (more akin to your style than your partner)?
Also, do you find yopurself more attracted to women who dress more on your level, or women who are less concerned with (or less obsessed with) high fashion?
I'm definitely more attracted to women that dress well. It doesn't have to be couture because let's face it, not to many 20 year old girls can afford that, but it does have to look nice and fit properly. The thing about girls is that they look awesome in just about anything, but I'm really turned on by pretty shoes and a pedicure :p The last girl I went out with had about 100 pairs of shoes. I was the first person to tell her that it really wasn't too many. :p

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
as long as its not matching outfits i guess we're all in the clear.
gc1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads