• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Fun one for a Thursday.

Mentioned in my New Years post that one of my good friends is resident DJ at Bounce - Friday was his birthday. He was spinning until closing time at 12, so he decided to throw a birthday party at 11.55pm Thursday night, so we could all watch him age.

I went down at about 10.30, we had a table in the corner, about 15 people or so I guess. Great music, fun people.

Slipped out quickly as my gf was at a rock bar called Acoustic. Went down and met her there. I introduced one of her friends to one of my friends the other week, and they have started dating...they were there...and she was singing as it turned out.

Hung out there for a beer or so, then back to Bounce at about 1200, just in time to watch him get old. They finally kicked us out about 12.45 or so. Bounce is next to a bowling alley...we were drunk enough to try to pay off the security guard to let us bowl. He was sober enough to tell us where to go.

Went down to Prive (which involved four of us bouncing in the elevator in order to see if they named the place Bounce for the elasticity of its elevator cables), went through another bottle of vodka between us. Acted like idiots (it was that kinda night), and headed home at 2ish.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Happy new year Tom. Where are you living these days man? You seem to be Mr Intercontinental lately (as opposed to me, im just Mr Incontinent)
Happy new year to you too Matt. I'm in Hungary but made two round trips to NYC in December because of Christmas and work. Plus a weekend in the Dominican for baseball. I might have to live there for a while some day, love the country.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I went to see Juno with my gf, i about kicked some rocky horror kids asses on the way out. Then we went for coffee. nothing extraodrinary, but certainly fun.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Fri night - worked late, went to meet a friend for dinner and a drink at Underground. He is having some problems with his wife. So alternated between listening to his tales of woe and listening to him argue with her on the phone. My gf came down, drunk off her ass after a client dinner thing. Took her home at 10.30, she passed out on the sofa, and there endeth Friday.

Sat - had lunch with same friend. Listened to more issues. Went for a beer at some place of questionable repute. Home, changed, back to town. My two best friends here are an American guy and a French guy, and for various reasons, we havent all been in the same place for over two years (ie one went back for 4 months, just before he returned the other went home for 18 months, just before he returned the first went back for 2.5 months).

Sat night was the first time we were all out together.

Great to have the boys back.

Also had a client in town from Australia, who came along too. Went to a bar called Le Pub in the backpacker area. Turned out basically my whole social circle was there. Was fun. I generally avoid that part of town, but we had taken over the bar, and it was great. Went from there to Bounce. I am rapidly developing a dislike for that place. Didn't stay long. Went down to Prive, ordered a couple of bottles. Drank with the boys. Home about 2 ish. Client wrecked, and lasted another hour or so.

Sunday - client came to meet me and tagged along with some general out and about stuff. He wants to buy a Vespa and send it to Australia, so took him to the street where they sell a lot of them, just to give him some ideas. Then went out to see Pat, a friend who exports Vespas and Lambrettas, hung out there, he ended up ordering one on the spot, which means Pat owes me a drink.

Back to town, went to lunch, met gf, went for foot massage. Met French friend and brought him back to my place (he is staying here while he looks for a new house), then turned around, back to town, back to Le Pub for a different friend's going away drinks.

Dead tired, so fled about 10 pm and went straight to sleep.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to a WarCraft III LAN party at my friend's house. We played DotA for hours. Kinda nerdy I guess...
confused.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I went to a WarCraft III LAN party at my friend's house. We played DotA for hours.

Kinda nerdy I guess...
confused.gif

ya think?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ahh well Zach, better than another night plaiting each others hair and dishing with the girls.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Worst boys night ever.

Went to some seedy karaoke place where the hookers sit with you, pour your drinks, rub your shoulders etc. You tip them for that at the end, and if you wish the evening to progress further, you can negotiate that with them if you wish. We never do, it is just nice to have personal waitresses rubbing your neck while your drink.

Anyhow, the place we went was apparently unexpectedly busy, so they were sharing the girls between rooms. This is not the done thing, and is totally not cool.

Given that none of us like singing, what that leaves us with is eight guys sitting on vinyl sofas in an overlit room, watching an LCD's bouncing 'Tien Dat Electronics' screensaver, and a shitload of overpriced alcohol. Kinda pathetic.

So we left reasonably early and had arguments when we left cos we werent happy customers and werent happy to tip the standard amount for girls who werent there 75% of the time. I dont think we are welcome there anymore. No problem, plenty more karaoke-om places where that came from.

Went to Bounce, which was against my will as my last two visits have left me with a sour taste over the place, but I was outvoted cos an ad agency guy had 2 bottles there lobbied hard on the basis of free drinks. Place was a ghost town. The DJ and the MC (who are our friends) and maybe 12 other people.

We bailed without even getting our bottles, went to some club that I had never heard of called Max at the insistence of the same ad guy. It was right back near the karaoke place, so we were just back and forthing the city.

Max is huge, maybe 120 tables...and had about nine people there.

Ad guy's credibility completely blown. I said to him after 'dude, if ever I need to find an empty room with loud music, you will be the first man I call'.

Anyhow, Max had lots of staff, including the 'PR girls' who arent hookers, but essentially do the same job as the girls in the karaoke place. Sit with you, keep your drink full, dance with you, and encourage you to drink more to up their commissions. The main difference between these girls and the girls in the first place...these ones are uglier.

In the end driving all over town and standing in empty bars just left me bored and tired, so I bailed first at about 1 ish. Dont know how long the boys stayed out.

Worst boys night ever.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Worst boys night ever.

Went to some seedy karaoke place where the hookers sit with you, pour your drinks, rub your shoulders etc. You tip them for that at the end, and if you wish the evening to progress further, you can negotiate that with them if you wish. We never do, it is just nice to have personal waitresses rubbing your neck while your drink.

Anyhow, the place we went was apparently unexpectedly busy, so they were sharing the girls between rooms. This is not the done thing, and is totally not cool.

Given that none of us like singing, what that leaves us with is eight guys sitting on vinyl sofas in an overlit room, watching an LCD's bouncing 'Tien Dat Electronics' screensaver, and a shitload of overpriced alcohol. Kinda pathetic.

So we left reasonably early and had arguments when we left cos we werent happy customers and werent happy to tip the standard amount for girls who werent there 75% of the time. I dont think we are welcome there anymore. No problem, plenty more karaoke-om places where that came from.

Went to Bounce, which was against my will as my last two visits have left me with a sour taste over the place, but I was outvoted cos an ad agency guy had 2 bottles there lobbied hard on the basis of free drinks. Place was a ghost town. The DJ and the MC (who are our friends) and maybe 12 other people.

We bailed without even getting our bottles, went to some club that I had never heard of called Max at the insistence of the same ad guy. It was right back near the karaoke place, so we were just back and forthing the city.

Max is huge, maybe 120 tables...and had about nine people there.

Ad guy's credibility completely blown. I said to him after 'dude, if ever I need to find an empty room with loud music, you will be the first man I call'.

Anyhow, Max had lots of staff, including the 'PR girls' who arent hookers, but essentially do the same job as the girls in the karaoke place. Sit with you, keep your drink full, dance with you, and encourage you to drink more to up their commissions. The main difference between these girls and the girls in the first place...these ones are uglier.

In the end driving all over town and standing in empty bars just left me bored and tired, so I bailed first at about 1 ish. Dont know how long the boys stayed out.

Worst boys night ever.

Sounds horrible! haha...

They have those PR girls in many asian countries I believe. In HK, the "model hangout" clubs are populated with some models who get paid to be there.

In Shanghai the PR girls get paid to stay at the club till a certain time at night, so any guys who are hanging around them have to stay and presumably spend money at the bar as well. These girls are normally quite pretty though - not hookers though, although most Shanghai girls are goldiggers anyway.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
M@t... I love how you enjoy paying girls to hang out with you.

I can get that for free here in the 'States.
smile.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the self proclaimed "only blues bar in London" or something like that. It was pouring down rain when we were getting ready to leave, but it was a friends birthday, so had to go.

Bar was cool. We got there 1/2 an hour after opening and all the tables were taken so had to stand. Ordered some Nachos, which they oddly made with Cool Ranch Doritos....Drank a couple more pints of Murphys than I should have, and listened to a pretty decent blues band.

Bailed just in time to catch the last tube home and picked up a hamburger from the Kebab shop.

Nothing crazy, but all in all a decent weekday night

K

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love how you think you have any idea what my life is like. I go out nearly every weekend. I hang out with who I want to hang out with. And if I feel like hanging out with chicks, I usually don't have a problem finding any.

You on the other hand, frequently act like you just discovered **********. It obviously doesn't bother you to hang out with, and put up with annoying women, gold diggers, and glorified prostitutes. I am not desperate enough to bite my tongue long enough to get laid with these kinds of girls. I happen to have standards that exist beyond physical attributes as to who's company I enjoy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
M@t... I love how you enjoy paying girls to hang out with you. I can get that for free here in the 'States.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by m@T
uhh....no you cant. Not without leaving the house anyhow.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I love how you think you have any idea what my life is like. I go out nearly every weekend. I hang out with who I want to hang out with. And if I feel like hanging out with chicks, I usually don't have a problem finding any. You on the other hand, frequently act like you just discovered **********. It obviously doesn't bother you to hang out with, and put up with annoying women, gold diggers, and glorified prostitutes. I am not desperate enough to bite my tongue long enough to get laid with these kinds of girls. I happen to have standards that exist beyond physical attributes as to who's company I enjoy.
Meowwwww!
smack.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads