• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What chopsticks to buy? Asian people help prease.

Monaco

Reaction score

Chinese people.... sustainability and cleanliness... since when?

You ever been to Taiwan? sustainability/eco-responsibility is pretty popular there, and cleanliness...that is a given. Most Chinese I know are Buddhist, as am I, could be a hidden clue in there too. :)

Septavius

Reaction score
Having grown up with non-metal chopsticks, I can't stand the feeling of metal chopsticks whenever they make contact with my teeth. I do find them useful when cooking, though.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rosewood.

Bringing your own chopsticks around isn't all that weird, my aunt used to travel with a ******* mini rice cooker and several condiments. (0)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good thing all these Chinese people bringing their kitchens with them on trips enjoy traveling and seeing the world.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You ever been to Taiwan? sustainability/eco-responsibility is pretty popular there, and cleanliness...that is a given. Most Chinese I know are Buddhist, as am I, could be a hidden clue in there too. :)

uhh Taipei smells like an open sewer.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good thing all these Chinese people bringing their kitchens with them on trips enjoy traveling and seeing the world.

Seriously, they sound like the biggest hicks in the world and will take the place of Americans as the most obnoxious tourist.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confessions from an evening at home featuring one too many cocktails: using a metal chopstick to roast marshmallows for smores is a great idea. Until you drunkenly decide to lick off the melted bits. Woke up sporting a blister on my lip.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously, they sound like the biggest hicks in the world and will take the place of Americans as the most obnoxious tourist.

+1.. mainland = eww.

People harp on about Americans... while americans may be a bit brash and uncouth, I'd actually have to say they're quite polite relative to chinese. They don't spit in public, make disgusting noises in trying to get phlegm out of their throat, and they understand the basic ideas of personal hygiene and line ups.

Monaco

Reaction score

Wow, get to know the place, smell doesn't really have much to do with it. Anybody can tell you how it smells in the city.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, get to know the place, smell doesn't really have much to do with it. Anybody can tell you how it smells in the city.

If you're going to cite exemplary cleanliness as one of the chief jewels in the crown of a city, one would think the place shouldn't smell like ****.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure it's not stinky tofu? TBH I thought the same thing about Hong Kong. Stinky tofu can make a place reek of sewer.

Last edited:

Monaco

Reaction score

If you're going to cite exemplary cleanliness as one of the chief jewels in the crown of a city

No I didn't and no, I'm not going to. What are you trying to get at?

Did you even buy your chopsticks yet?

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1.. mainland = eww.

People harp on about Americans... while americans may be a bit brash and uncouth, I'd actually have to say they're quite polite relative to chinese. They don't spit in public, make disgusting noises in trying to get phlegm out of their throat, and they understand the basic ideas of personal hygiene and line ups.

Hey, every now and then its nice to embrace your asian side and just hack all the phlegm out. :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads