• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great without a hat but you know which one I would pick if you need to wear one.
smile.gif

tljenkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nvizible
Hi,

smallwebfo2.jpg

Earlier today I was wearing:

Visible stuff:

Jeans,
Shirt (bought it this morning - it's the only shirt I own!),
Belt.

Hidden stuff:

white t-shirt under shirt,
shoes.

Please tell me what you all think.

- Ciao ciao,

- me.

This is absolutely terrible. The jeans are disgusting looking and fit miserably. The shirt is very blouse-y and poorly tucked in. You need a different haircut. The glasses are ugly. I'm not a huge fan of the belt-buckle, but I don't mind the color of the belt.

Is this a joke?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
This is absolutely terrible. The jeans are disgusting looking and fit miserably. The shirt is very blouse-y and poorly tucked in. You need a different haircut. The glasses are ugly. I'm not a huge fan of the belt-buckle, but I don't mind the color of the belt.

Is this a joke?

I dunno if it's fake or not, the name of the jpeg makes me suspicious plus the fact that he's been a member since Sept 06 and this is his first post.....

But I don't want to pull a "Rover" ;-) so at least offer some constructive criticism assuming this is a real post (I can't tell since the image is hosted on imageshack).

But nvizible, I do agree with tljenkin's comments - the whole outfit has a very feminine vibe to it (and the hair doesn't help). Everything, including the glasses, looks too big for you, or at least the wrong cut/style.

The best advice I think I could give would be to look through about 100 pages of the WAYWN thread and compair your style to the frequent posters here... you'll see what I mean.

nvizible

Reaction score
Hey,

I can assure you it's not fake. The filename is just the product of my belief that people here wouldn't appreciate me any more in my two megapixel glory than they do at 600*800. And yes, I've been a member since last year, but haven't had much time to poke around. Now that I've far better stuff (such as revising for exams) to do, I plan to do some poking.

First, I should add some perspective to my hair/glasses choices:

Here in England (I'm South African originally, but have been here for the last three years) short hair for men isn't as pervasive (or indeed as well thought of) as in the US. Indeed, longer hair is thought of here as the mark of a more educated and well-brought-up class (not that I'm at all classist, I just realise that impressions are important and that I'd rather make a good one). I've nothing against shorter hair, but prefer mine a bit longer.

On the glasses front, I did have a really nice pair of D&G glasses, but the arms weren't bent enough at the ends, making them prone to sliding forwards and, ultimately, vacating my face. Thus, I persuaded my mum - with great difficulty - to buy me a new pair (bearing in mind I'd had the other ones for but three months). When I chose them I went for something I'd not tried yet. The titanium frames are unintrusive and lightweight, and one can have a variety of lens shapes installed. The current choice (large and rather box-like) is because I found that the smaller lenses in my previous pair reduced my peripheral vision too much. I felt that if I was going for larger lenses I should try for as much stealth as possible with the frames. The lenses are thinned, and higher index media would be too fragile for frame's mounting system. But I do wear contacts sometimes.

Style-wise, I should say that I'm going for a slightly-preppy/sophisticated-but-very-casual look and at a not-too-high cost. In summer, I usually wear rather 'fitted' t-shirts (Gap has some really nice ones), jeans, and either closed shoes or flip flops (I've got a pair of yellow Carisis - the yellow compliments the bit of yellow in some of my jeans). So far I've got away with not wearing a single shirt since I came to this country (I wore a black poloneck with my suit for my Cambridge interview [incidentally they didn't like me anyway - Boohoo!] and I more recently wore a black Gap 'fitted' tee under it for another not-totally-smart do), so now that I've bought my first I don't think it can be expected that I'd have immediately found my life's match. On the shirt front, what'd you recommend?- I've taken a liking to wearing shirts already (I tend to find new additions to my 'style' [or lack thereof] and then latch onto them for a while - so if I'm going to be shirted I might as well do so to the best of my ability).

- Thanks for comments, sorry about the prolixity, & no hard feelings
smile.gif

- me.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
<kitonbrionistyle>

John Smedley Polo
Levi 501's
John Lobb Stamford, parisian brown museum
Patherella socks
Sunspel boxers
Omega aqua terra

</kitonbrionistyle>

That's about as street as I get.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rye and Sauce, good job with the white belts.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Looks great without a hat but you know which one I would pick if you need to wear one.
smile.gif

thanks. and yes, im wearing the grey one right now. Im very predictable.

tljenkin

Reaction score
Hm. I'll begin by saying that I do find your reasoning rather prolix and discursive.

I have no problem with the length of your hair. The cut is extremely lame, and the way that you have brushed it is odd. The flares on the back are feminine and ugly, as a previous poster hinted at. The jeans are oversized and flared at the hip in a dramatic way. The wash is also very poor, and the distressing is distractingly bad. The shirt that you are wearing is poorly cut, oversized, sloppy (especially your right collar and tuck-job) and drab. The glasses seem very nerdy and poorly selected. They do not have to be D&G glasses to avoid this look (in fact, I'm not a fan of many designer frames), they should just be low-key and subtley stylish. The watch is not horrible, but it just looks like something that my father wears. "Sophistocated and preppy" are not words that I would use to describe the outfit. Saucemaster possesses a sense of style that I believe would (or should) interest you. I know that I am sounding very harsh, but I do not understand where you're coming from with these posts.

I'm very fond of these looks:

tljenkin

Reaction score
May I also say that your avatar is creepy as hell.

nvizible

Reaction score
Hi again, tljenkin.

Thanks for the comments - I'm busy processing all that info and doing some real thinking about my whole style. Suffice to say that I'm very grateful for the input and criticism is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look at some more random pictures of me and give me some more general (or specific, should it take your fancy) comments.

- Thanks for your time,

- me.

PS: Cheers... I always knew I wasn't 100% human
wink.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your clothes fitted better on the &quot;random pics&quot; than the one you posted. What you need most of all is a hair cut imo. And some darker, better fitting pair of jeans.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
>input and criticism is exactly what I'm looking for

OK, I'll have a try.

This may sound strange but you look like a lesbian, I don't think that is a great look for a guy.

On your other pics you have a tendency to look like a vicar in casual clothes, or at least a vicars son. That can be a great look but difficult to pull off.

I think you need to sharpen up whilst at the same time relaxing, it all looks a bit too painting by numbers.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: A Remark by Manyfingers from the record Our Worn Shadow

Moncler-Chilly this morn.
AA Tee-Lazy and tired this morn.
Nudies (9th day) What am I doing.
45rpm belt-Held hostage by the jeans.
Canvas sneaks from Office UK-Comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads