• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Negronis. These things are incredible, especially with the caramelized orange oil.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Studying for my first final tomorrow and drinking Crag 12. And lots of it.
Rock it like you own it. Whoa, what's a final like in culinary? You actually have tests? Written, what?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Negronis. These things are incredible, especially with the caramelized orange oil.

Rock it like you own it. Whoa, what's a final like in culinary? You actually have tests? Written, what?

Yeah, we have practicals every couple of days. Tomorrow's practical part of the final actually only covers the pasta and egg cookery section, so it goes like this:
List of dishes: 2 oz Tagliatelle, 2 oz Cappelini, 2 French Omelette, 1 Poached Egg w/ Hollandaise
2 French Omelette's plated for grading by 12:15 (class starts at 11:45)
Poached egg/hollandaise plated for grading by 12:45
All 4 oz of pasta prepared, cut, cooked, and plated for grading by 2:00.
And the kicker is we're each only allotted 7 eggs, so we have no room for error in terms of being able to break an egg and just go grab another one to use.

Then we have a 200 question written final cumulative over everything we've done so far in this class. This class is Intro to Cul. Skills I, so it's just a very general survey of all different methods of cooking (braising, poaching, roasting, etc etc), terminology/ basic understanding of why proteins coagulate & other stuff like that, equipment, weights & measures, knife skills, and vocab.

I have a 98% in that class so far, so not much to worry about. Hence why I'm drinking while I study.

Then again, yesterday I completely sucked at making pasta from scratch, so maybe I sh ould practice.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a bottle of Kosta Browne and Screagle tonight. Yum.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On my second pint of rum and coke, a fdew too many for the Conne tonight
eh.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
blush.gif
bigstar[1].gif
inlove.gif
tounge.gif
lol8[1].gif
rimshot.gif
confused.gif

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night - a Corpse Reviver.

Tonight - some Samur white and someNero d'Avola Sicilian red for Granddad's birthday party.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Saturday night -
Went to Indian restaurant with friends and had Kingfisher beer with my meal.

After dropping them off at the train station, arranged to meet up with another set friends. Had time to spare and went to my usual bar and had Four Roses and Scapa, both on the rocks.

Met up with friends, moved to another bar and had a Manhattan. My friend kept on asking what was in it and wasn't satisfied with my explanation so asked the bartender to. Guy explained it as a whiskey based cocktails with bitters. Was told that the Manhattan is called the "Queen of Cocktails".

Anyone heard of this or is this some story the bartender made up to impress us?

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
On my second pint of rum and coke, a fdew too many for the Conne tonight
eh.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
blush.gif
bigstar[1].gif
inlove.gif
tounge.gif
lol8[1].gif
rimshot.gif
confused.gif

I'll have another Bacardi and Coke, please, Myfanwy. Oh, it's so hard being the only gay in the village...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glenlivet 12.

BC Liquor Stores have a horrible, overpriced selection.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huntsman, help!

I just made my first sidecar, and it was terrible. My recipe:

2 oz Remy Martin 1738
1 oz Grand Marnier
1 oz lemon juice (freshly squeezed)

It was WAYYYYY to sour. What is your recipe? I'm asking because I believe it is one of your favorite drinks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads