• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you could only do one, I'd go for a high-rye bourbon. The straight rye is a little much for some cocktails.

Bulleit bourbon (instead of rye) might be a good option. Four Roses works too.

I tend to keep a mixing rye (Rittenhouse) and a sweeter mixing bourbon (I do Makers) so I have all my cocktail bases covered, along with the stuff I keep to drink neat.
I used Rittenhouse for a long time and love it, and it's higher proof. I only switched to Bulleit because they have it in a 1.75 at Costco for stupid cheap, and it's not that huge of a step down...

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, if you guys aren’t buying handles of mid-tier booze at low prices you’re crazy. I’d find it hard to keep a well stocked bar if I didn’t keep “well handles” around all the time. I keep handles of Tito’s, Bombay, knob creek, Bacardi silver, plantation 5 star, famous grouse, and espolón or olmeca altos. They’re perfect for highballs or generic cocktails. It makes it so easy to host people completely guilt free.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, if you guys aren’t buying handles of mid-tier booze at low prices you’re crazy. I’d find it hard to keep a well stocked bar if I didn’t keep “well handles” around all the time. I keep handles of Tito’s, Bombay, knob creek, Bacardi silver, plantation 5 star, famous grouse, and espolón or olmeca altos. They’re perfect for highballs or generic cocktails. It makes it so easy to host people completely guilt free.
Hat's off to you.
I'm stingy with my place, GET YOUR SHOES OFF MY LEATHER.
I'm more of a party goer, than a thrower. I do keep some mid-tier stuff around so that when I go to someone's place, it's a host-gift.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Even for us patio sundowners is the time for the mid-tier stuff. When you're chilling outside with your boo or a few close friends it's more about the setting and company than pricey booze. Then again, I live in an awesome 'hood with awesome people, where we do things on the reg like bourbon or wine tastings. There's a time to put your feet up and watch the sunset and a time to sip carefully and make it about what you're drinking.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even for us patio sundowners is the time for the mid-tier stuff. When you're chilling outside with your boo or a few close friends it's more about the setting and company than pricey booze. Then again, I live in an awesome 'hood with awesome people, where we do things on the reg like bourbon or wine tastings. There's a time to put your feet up and watch the sunset and a time to sip carefully and make it about what you're drinking.
When I was in Turks & Caicos, my favorite thing in the world was the hotel's beach bar giant Pina Colada machine. I'm sure it was some big bottles of plain labeled stuff going in there...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There are some bridges too far! ;)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I was in Turks & Caicos, my favorite thing in the world was the hotel's beach bar giant Pina Colada machine. I'm sure it was some big bottles of plain labeled stuff going in there...
Yeah gonna need the name of the hotel

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It changed hands.
I think it's called The Royal West Indies Resort now.
They don't list the machine under activities or amenities so maybe it doesn't exist.

However they do have: "Live Reggie Music"

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't list the machine under activities or amenities so maybe it doesn't exist.

However they do have: "Live Reggie Music"
That's country night at Club Torchy's
1594499604066.png

Attachments

• 1594499604192.png
    1594499604192.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 8

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Aviation cocktail with Austin Reserve gin. Not a huge fan of this gin, lots of rosemary.

Would appreciate glassware recs for g+ts and also for cocktails. Prefer good bang for buck recs to the very best but open to both.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every bar needs Collins and double old fashion glasses. Anything of target or amazon is fine for these. I don’t like ornate glassware for these two staple glasses. I think a beautifully made cocktail speaks more than the glass should.
A3865FE9-1C15-410C-BDD0-868316A69A37.jpeg

C4F236F8-3EAF-4543-AD49-ADAD8901537F.jpeg

Then you need a cocktail glass. I prefer a coupe over the standard straight side cocktail glass. Amazon probably carries this stuff.
DE84874C-7484-4FFE-BD3B-644A98DEA999.jpeg

I think these are glasses you have to have. If you wanna spend more coin than an amazon basic go to cocktail kingdom’s website. They have some nicer glassware there. If you have money and time I’d start looking at vintage glassware. It can be a lot of fun to find some cool glassware. Thrift shops will carry this stuff. If you’re gonna spend some serious money on nice glassware. I’d recommend handling it before you buy it. The way a glass feels is a lot of where your money goes. Nicer glassware is usually thinner and feels very delicate and nice in the hand. It’s like when you drink out of really nice wine crystals for the first time. You feel the difference.

other bar glass type I’d kop after I get my basics are a nick and Nora and some glencairn type glasses for drinking spirits neat.
F84CA07A-636A-4B82-8E13-33BF0736E6E3.jpeg
D0414443-0A15-4708-937A-346FB53ACACE.jpeg

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After I’m done with my kitchen renovation I think I’m going to get my bar properly sorted. Been needing to get glassware for ages. I did have them run a water line for an ice maker when we replaced our water lines a few weeks ago though. Feels a little overkill for the amount of ice that we usually go through, but man it sucks to be having a get together and run out of ice...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads