• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Tom Miler

Reaction score
Yesterday I had BenRiach 21 yo Authenticus, which I enjoyed. Then I had GlenGoyne Burnfoot which was drinkable but very grainy and didn't match BenRiach (no wonder <-- GG is a much younger whisky) ... and then I had a beer - LECH PILS. Knowing only a little about beer has advantages. I can go to the grocery store downstairs and enjoy almost any regular beer they sell. Knowing much more about whisky makes it almost impossible. LECH is a beer made by a local brewery in Poznan (which is among the 2 biggest ones in Poland). The brand is known in the entire country pils style is made only in my region. Being a local patriot I support it + I see the brewery from my window and very often I smell hops when they brew. Have a good day guys!

adsmith4

Reaction score
$3 32oz well's from the bar. Can't beat an Evan Williams and sprite for that price.. God I love being in college.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it is not a regular expression of Ballantine's. Apparently it's a sepcial 12yo blend for Xmas which is supposed to be spicy and ginger in taste :) No plans to check that! The bottle is sweet and the chances are it is better than whisky so I'll let it rest on my shelf :) 

That sounds interesting, I'll have to look for it. Ballantines makes a good product for the pricepoint, it's a decent everyday scotch, but spice and ginger on top of their regular profile sounds like it would make a great holiday whisky. Now if they added some smoke on top of that, it would be even better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit, Dutch coke really tastes much worse than German coke. I hope it will do for some decent Cuba Libres though. Need something to keep me up during the evening/night of studying.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, the Ballantine sounds interesting. Don't think I'll invest 30€ in a bottle though.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark And Stormy

Marchese Antinori Chianti Reserva

Laphroiag Triple Wood/Quarter Cask/10
Ardbeg 10/Airigh Nam Beist (Still my most expensive liquor.. It's one of the few liquors I still get a vomit note from after four years...; still come to appreciate it more and more)

Last edited:

Tom Miler

Reaction score
Damnit, Dutch coke really tastes much worse than German coke. I hope it will do for some decent Cuba Libres though. Need something to keep me up during the evening/night of studying.

Yeah, it is different in every country. In the US it is totally different than in Europe. It can also be different between different types of packaging can vs bottle etc. (that may be my imagination as well though :) )

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it is different in every country. In the US it is totally different than in Europe. It can also be different between different types of packaging can vs bottle etc. (that may be my imagination as well though :) )

Nope, no imagination. Glass bottle>can>"reusable" bottle>"non-reusable" bottle. Also, smaller sizes are better.

So which face of peat did you enjoy the most?

I've still not really come to a conclusion. I'm having a hard time "ranking" Scotch.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope, no imagination. Glass bottle>can>"reusable" bottle>"non-reusable" bottle. Also, smaller sizes are better.

Do you think they bottle different recipes for different sizes?
I thought it was all about the carbonation which does not volatilize when you drink a small packaging in one run right after you opened it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you think they bottle different recipes for different sizes?
I thought it was all about the carbonation which does not volatilize when you drink a small packaging in one run right after you opened it.

I think they bottle the same. Quicker loss of carbonation is definitely one cause. I feel that they behave differently in bigger bottles, but maybe that's just imagination. Generally, the glass>can>"Mehrwegflasche">"Einwegflasche" is more crucial.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads