• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fe68297b.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
^^ How were the fine oaks? Have only had the many variations of sherry cask myself.

Having coupla' Boddingtons myself. No cigar
plain.gif

fine oaks weren't bad, but i much preferred the sherry casks.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
+1. One of my first "real" beers.

This first time I had this was sitting in a little pub on the River Ouse in York. They called it the Great Flooding Pub and on one of the beams by the bar they marked water levels from when the river flooded going back to the 1800's. I asked the guy if they closed the pub during floods and he said only when the money on the bar floats away
laugh.gif

He said that the keg of Oatmeal stout was delivered that morning directly from the brewery...so I had four more pints
teacha.gif

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my hands on the new Bulliet Rye. Waaaaaay better than their Bourbon, IMO, and better than most ryes, too. Despite its relative strength (45% ish), it's pretty smooth and has a nice green dry apple taste to it.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a drink in awhile. So I stop by Arnaud's French 75 and order myself a Sidecar, Last Word, and Laphroaig 10.
IMG_0354.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old bourbon. Neat. Will probably fire up a cigar soon, with a Death's Door gin and tonic.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this over a lovely meal at New Rabozo
2011-03-11-20-28-01-310.jpg

And now I'm enjoying a 2010 bottling of this

2011-02-23-20-55-59-149.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
^ thoughts on the stout?
Well, I'm a stout guy at heart growing up on Guiness. I haven't had the 2011
bottling of Nightstalker but this one is very smooth, mellow and rich. Hints of dark cocoa sweetness mingle with cafe con leche. The carbonation has also mellowed into more of a frothy creaminess. Think a nice chocolate stout mixed with a cappuccino stout. This is my second bottle of this and as my local store could only secure a couple of cases of it, I know I'll have a few more before it's gone
laugh.gif

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jb75i.jpg

Really good, will enjoy trying my other bottle aged (I'll probably pick up another one though), not sure I'll be able to hold out until 2020...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads