1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ama

ama Distinguished Member

Glad I had the foresight to stash away a couple bottles. [​IMG]

Cracked open a Springbank 10yr 100proof last night. Reignited my appreciation for non-Islay Scotch.

You and me both! I think I have 6 of them stored away. I found them for $42 once and went a little crazy.

I love Sprinkbank. D & M in your neck of the woods just sent me a Springbank 12 CS aged in a wine cask of some sorts that they had bottled exclusively for them. Might be worth checking out.

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

eagle rare 17..always a treat.

3. cptjeff

cptjeff Distinguished Member

Nice quote: "Rum makes a fine hot drink, a fine cold drink, and is not so bad from the neck of a bottle." Fortune Magazine, 1933.

I love it. I've certainly been known to have a splash of rum on its own from time to time... Not usually from the neck of the bottle though.

4. Aaron01

Aaron01 Distinguished Member

3 fingers of Eagle Rare 10...one of those days

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

[​IMG]

What is wrong with me? Repeat of last night but know I have to get up at 5:45am and go to work.

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

[​IMG] Laphroaig 15 here. Sad this one is gone.
    You and me both! I think I have 6 of them stored away. I found them for $42 once and went a little crazy.
    Oooh, nice. I have just one, unopened. It will probably stay that way for some time. My "It's on SALE" craziness was four Oban Distillers for $46 from Astor of all places. I really enjoy that whisky.
    Given the thread's contents, you would expect more spelling errors and the inevitable and hilarious drunk poast
    Well, you know how many posts here indicate what was consumed 'last night?'[​IMG] More that most of the posters are tasters, which keeps that down, I think.
    It is purely genetics and time has slowed me down. I had a mild headache the first hour I was awake this morning. I also do not do that too often anymore.
    Even with genetics, I couldn't afford that kind of $$ damage.
    eagle rare 17..always a treat.
    Indeed!
    I love it. I've certainly been known to have a splash of rum on its own from time to time... Not usually from the neck of the bottle though.
    Hmmm, a nice Zacapa....
    [​IMG] What is wrong with me? Repeat of last night but know I have to get up at 5:45am and go to work.
    How's your stress levels?

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

How's your stress levels?

Relative to my normal life? Fairly low. [​IMG]

8. james_timothy

james_timothy Distinguished Member

Templeton Rye, from batch 4: this seems the new bottling and shipment as it is on the shelf again in stores and this bottle is dated Dec 3 2010, not long ago. Rich, deep, even sightly smokey.

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

The Monte Cassino -- aka, the Last Word in a dark mirror.
    Relative to my normal life? Fairly low. [​IMG]
    Nice! Sounds like a reason to celebrate!

10. Halloween-

Halloween- Well-Known Member

Ahh had a pretty rough week. Mornings to afternoon attending classes with a short lunch break, then after tend to work until evening where I come home and start studying (with a short dinner) until about an hour after midnight and sleep, repeating this for the last 5 days or so... meaning not a drop of alcohol consumed the last 5 days, as I'm a guy who can't really study with alcohol around. Now I've earned myself some rest as the next two days free from classes and work. Currently drinking some Ron Zapaca 23[​IMG] very delicious !! After a few hours and a nice dinner, I think I'll open up some Belgian goodies (Chimay & St. Bernardus comes to mind) [​IMG]

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

Now I've earned myself some rest as the next two days free from classes and work. Currently drinking some Ron Zapaca 23[​IMG] very delicious !! After a few hours and a nice dinner, I think I'll open up some Belgian goodies (Chimay & St. Bernardus comes to mind) [​IMG]

well deserved ... I got couple Chimay sitting around, I might crack that open soon [​IMG]

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

Blue Moon at the Sac Kings game. Worth err penny

13. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior Member

Just had a heavy pour of Blanton's Single Barrel, and I'm considering a second one. Good end to a rough week. Question: I'm a bourbon guy, but I've only tried half-a-dozen or so (limited availability in my town until recently) and would like some suggestions for what I should pick up when I hit the liquor store tomorrow. I've tried to read the Bourbon thread but it's HEAVY on info and I'm a little too drunk to comprehend that sort of information. To give a frame of reference, I like Knob Creek, Blanton's, Woodford, and Basil Hayden's. Less of a fan of Bulleit. Haven't had enough Booker's to have a decent opinion.

14. cocostella

cocostella Distinguished Member

Non-alcohol(ic) beer is unnatural.

15. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior Member

Just had a heavy pour of Blanton's Single Barrel, and I'm considering a second one. Good end to a rough week.

Question: I'm a bourbon guy, but I've only tried half-a-dozen or so (limited availability in my town until recently) and would like some suggestions for what I should pick up when I hit the liquor store tomorrow. I've tried to read the Bourbon thread but it's HEAVY on info and I'm a little too drunk to comprehend that sort of information. To give a frame of reference, I like Knob Creek, Blanton's, Woodford, and Basil Hayden's. Less of a fan of Bulleit. Haven't had enough Booker's to have a decent opinion.

eagle rare 10.