• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fdbaker
Nice quote: "Rum makes a fine hot drink, a fine cold drink, and is not so bad from the neck of a bottle." Fortune Magazine, 1933.

I love it. I've certainly been known to have a splash of rum on its own from time to time... Not usually from the neck of the bottle though.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 fingers of Eagle Rare 10...one of those days

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

What is wrong with me? Repeat of last night but know I have to get up at 5:45am and go to work.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
laugh.gif
Laphroaig 15 here. Sad this one is gone.

Originally Posted by ama
You and me both! I think I have 6 of them stored away. I found them for $42 once and went a little crazy.
Oooh, nice. I have just one, unopened. It will probably stay that way for some time. My "It's on SALE" craziness was four Oban Distillers for $46 from Astor of all places. I really enjoy that whisky.
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Given the thread's contents, you would expect more spelling errors and the inevitable and hilarious drunk poast
Well, you know how many posts here indicate what was consumed 'last night?'
devil.gif
More that most of the posters are tasters, which keeps that down, I think.
Originally Posted by Piobaire
It is purely genetics and time has slowed me down. I had a mild headache the first hour I was awake this morning. I also do not do that too often anymore.
Even with genetics, I couldn't afford that kind of $$ damage.
Originally Posted by Warren G.
eagle rare 17..always a treat.
Indeed!
Originally Posted by cptjeff
I love it. I've certainly been known to have a splash of rum on its own from time to time... Not usually from the neck of the bottle though.
Hmmm, a nice Zacapa....
ffffuuuu.gif
What is wrong with me? Repeat of last night but know I have to get up at 5:45am and go to work.

How's your stress levels?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
How's your stress levels?

Relative to my normal life? Fairly low.
smile.gif

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Templeton Rye, from batch 4: this seems the new bottling and shipment as it is on the shelf again in stores and this bottle is dated Dec 3 2010, not long ago. Rich, deep, even sightly smokey.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Monte Cassino -- aka, the Last Word in a dark mirror.
Relative to my normal life? Fairly low.
smile.gif

Nice! Sounds like a reason to celebrate!

Halloween-

Reaction score
Ahh had a pretty rough week. Mornings to afternoon attending classes with a short lunch break, then after tend to work until evening where I come home and start studying (with a short dinner) until about an hour after midnight and sleep, repeating this for the last 5 days or so... meaning not a drop of alcohol consumed the last 5 days, as I'm a guy who can't really study with alcohol around. Now I've earned myself some rest as the next two days free from classes and work. Currently drinking some Ron Zapaca 23
inlove.gif
very delicious !! After a few hours and a nice dinner, I think I'll open up some Belgian goodies (Chimay & St. Bernardus comes to mind)
bounce2.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halloween-
Now I've earned myself some rest as the next two days free from classes and work. Currently drinking some Ron Zapaca 23
inlove.gif
very delicious !! After a few hours and a nice dinner, I think I'll open up some Belgian goodies (Chimay & St. Bernardus comes to mind)
bounce2.gif

well deserved ... I got couple Chimay sitting around, I might crack that open soon
smile.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blue Moon at the Sac Kings game. Worth err penny

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Just had a heavy pour of Blanton's Single Barrel, and I'm considering a second one. Good end to a rough week. Question: I'm a bourbon guy, but I've only tried half-a-dozen or so (limited availability in my town until recently) and would like some suggestions for what I should pick up when I hit the liquor store tomorrow. I've tried to read the Bourbon thread but it's HEAVY on info and I'm a little too drunk to comprehend that sort of information. To give a frame of reference, I like Knob Creek, Blanton's, Woodford, and Basil Hayden's. Less of a fan of Bulleit. Haven't had enough Booker's to have a decent opinion.

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
Just had a heavy pour of Blanton's Single Barrel, and I'm considering a second one. Good end to a rough week.

Question: I'm a bourbon guy, but I've only tried half-a-dozen or so (limited availability in my town until recently) and would like some suggestions for what I should pick up when I hit the liquor store tomorrow. I've tried to read the Bourbon thread but it's HEAVY on info and I'm a little too drunk to comprehend that sort of information. To give a frame of reference, I like Knob Creek, Blanton's, Woodford, and Basil Hayden's. Less of a fan of Bulleit. Haven't had enough Booker's to have a decent opinion.

eagle rare 10.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads