• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

makaveli

Reaction score

Scarf not in pic.

Whose the maker of the boots and jeans? Great look!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30mm, Kaplan, i.e. three centimetres :). Available in smaller sizes as well.

(Stitches: I measured them, and they are in fact a fraction (to the eye) smaller than the anchor buttons: 30mm v. 32mm.)

Jonsey

Reaction score
The sweater doesn't look too thick to wear with a jacket, but if I were picking out a jacket to go with those shoes, pants, and shirt, I'd want one in that tan color you're already wearing in the sweater -- but it would look weird to me to have a sweater and jacket in the same colors. Maybe a mid-gray tweed would work?

Thank's for your thoughts. Yes it's a little tricky with those pants and sweater. If I had a mid gray tweed I would try it!

Cheaney FS029?

Good eyes! I think you are right, can't remember the exact model name but they are made by Cheaney and I stumbled upon them at this forum while googling for good boots. They are 1,5 years old and my favourite shoes. You like them yes?

Jonsey

Reaction score
-23C/-9,4F outside today. Not sure if I would call this casual, but there's no tie so I guess it can qualify.

Please ignore ugly pilling on my wool socks
crazy.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kaplan - I would keep the awesome Inverallan buttons. The contrast works and they match the ruggedness of the knit/wool better.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

30mm, Kaplan, i.e. three centimetres :). Available in smaller sizes as well.

Many thanks!

Kaplan - I would keep the awesome Inverallan buttons. The contrast works and they match the ruggedness of the knit/wool better.

Suspected you'd say so ;-) You have one of these (or a similar one) as well, yes? Do the wooden buttons get any darker with time and use?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I can show some consistency :)

I have the non-shawl version of it. The buttons don't darken much in my experience. Take a close look at measurements if you haven't bought it yet, the fit of these things is not that straightforward

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I read through about 900 posts in S&D to get a handle on sizing before ordering. Seems there's the risk of some discrepancy due to the handknit nature (one guy got a 42 that was a good fit and a 40 that was too large).

*Fingers crossed*

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree. I briefly considered a button change on my Inverallan cardigan, but the wood looks great. It is an awesome piece - like wearing wool armour. I get a ton of random comments when I wear it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

(Stitches: I measured them, and they are in fact a fraction (to the eye) smaller than the anchor buttons: 30mm v. 32mm.)

i have very good eyes. i measure diamonds in mm's almost every day. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
love it! lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads