• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beastmode101

Reaction score

Hey guys, I'm new to styleforum and just created an account last month because I was interested in improving my sense of style. Hope I don't get destroyed for this. I know I have to clean my bathroom mirror btw and also I need to learn how to take better pics. However, I'm limited to my iphone camera currently.

Rugby shirt I got a while back (from when I was in middle school......)
bb university blue shirt
nato strap watch
khaki chinos
burgundy leather belt

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@beasty

It's really hard to see much in that picture - you aren't going to get helpful critiques unless you post full-body pictures with high resolution and good lighting.

However, I don't think a rugby over an OCBD is a good thing.
shog[1].gif

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to styleforum and just created an account last month because I was interested in improving my sense of style. Hope I don't get destroyed for this. I know I have to clean my bathroom mirror btw and also I need to learn how to take better pics. However, I'm limited to my iphone camera currently.

Rugby shirt I got a while back (from when I was in middle school......)
bb university blue shirt
nato strap watch
khaki chinos
burgundy leather belt

I really hope this is a joke.

Beastmode101

Reaction score
@beasty

It's really hard to see much in that picture - you aren't going to get helpful critiques unless you post full-body pictures with high resolution and good lighting.

shog[1].gif

Thanks CDhagg, gonna try and find my other camera. May I ask why the rugby over the ocbd look is bad?

Welcome, beasty. You can improve your look immensely by untucking your rugby shirt.

Thanks man. I've been told this before. Gonna untuck it from now on.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not a joke (I've been PMing back and forth with Beasty). The dude cares about improving his style, which is why he joined SF, so let's not be too hard on him.
biggrin.gif

Fortysomething

Reaction score

@beasty

shog%5B1%5D.gif

Yeah, I have to agree with CD...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, fine. I've just never ever come across anyone who thought that wearing their middle school (or indeed any) rugby jersey over the top of a shirt was stylish before. My very simple advice is therefore - don't ever do this again unless it's in the privacy of your own home. If you want to wear something over your button-down, then a sweater of some kind, almost any kind, so long as it fits properly, would be better.

Beyond that it's hard to know what advice to give without much more information and better pictures - how old are you, what do you do in life, what kind of budget do you have for clothes and is this kind of thing generally representative of your current wardrobe?

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lazy Thursday. Not pictured: crappy old light grey flannels, AE strands, reasonably conservative socks.

Beastmode101

Reaction score
Ok, fine. I've just never ever come across anyone who thought that wearing their middle school (or indeed any) rugby jersey over the top of a shirt was stylish before. My very simple advice is therefore - don't ever do this again unless it's in the privacy of your own home. If you want to wear something over your button-down, then a sweater of some kind, almost any kind, so long as it fits properly, would be better.

Beyond that it's hard to know what advice to give without much more information and better pictures - how old are you, what do you do in life, what kind of budget do you have for clothes and is this kind of thing generally representative of your current wardrobe?

lol, thanks the tips. Preciate it srs.

In regards to your question, I'm a college freshman right now and I just go to school, aside from working part time. I don't really have a budget, but I try to find things for fairly reasonable prices- I never buy something at the full retail price, unless it's a pair of shoes/something I really want.

My wardrobe mostly consists of button down shirts, crewneck/vneck sweaters, and khaki chinos. I guess American Trad basically, but I joined the forum because I lurked around in this thread and saw a lot of cool stuff and was hoping to pick up some tips and add it to my own personal style.

edit- I'm about average height or a little smaller- 5'8- so I can still fit some of my older clothes from 4-5 years back. That's why I wore that rugby shirt.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At work last night -

Again, only basics, but that's what I'm decent at.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads