• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DjangoV

Reaction score
I think the shirt is a bigger problem than the jeans. It looks a little too dressy to be worn with denim. I think a more casual OCBD would look better.

belt throws things out of proportion for me
The belt seems too large/wide to me. But this might also be a result from the combination with the 'dressy' shirt. A rougher textured shirt and/or a less pronounced belt would be my advice.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on fit and combination?
CT Slim Shirt APC NS Denim Loake Pimlico
I agree with the comments about the shirt and the belt. Personally, I prefer a button down collar with jeans 99 times out of 100. And the belt does look a bit wide but had somebody else not mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed (I had to go back and see and then it really stood out to me).

RingTail

Reaction score
Thanks for all the pointers!
So the belt is 45 mm wide that I typically use with my jeans and I use my other 35 mm wide belt with trousers.
My take was wider belts were better for denim, I guess this one is too wide?
Ahh I get it the roll would be better beyond the elbow (it was unseasonably warmer but still not that warm yesterday!)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVE that stark. hard to tell from your body position, and the magen dovid is getting most of my attention, but it seems to fit you quite well.

xMaximex

Reaction score

Trying out a holiday (red + green) themed fit with my new Stark from the EndClothing sale: Looking for honest feedback on sweater fit - too tight/small?
I think the sweater is too tight and too short. You need to size up at least +1... I suspect this is the most recent Stark model; judging from your shape, you would probably be better off with the old fit which is longer. Otherwise, it is a great color combination!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like the cardigan. Would show some cuff, though. The hands look a bit lost without.

yes. always sleeve cuff on a stark.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the pointers!
So the belt is 45 mm wide that I typically use with my jeans and I use my other 35 mm wide belt with trousers.
My take was wider belts were better for denim, I guess this one is too wide?
Ahh I get it the roll would be better beyond the elbow  (it was unseasonably warmer but still not that warm yesterday!)

It all comes down to personal preference really and in the end, you should go with what makes you (or significant other or that person you are trying to impress) happy.

I just looked up the measurements on the two belts I wear most often and my strictly casual belt is 1.5" (38mm), my both my dress belt and my belt that works with casual and business casual attire are 1.25" (31.75mm). And I believe the WWE Heavyweight Championship belt is about 180mm.

RingTail

Reaction score
It all comes down to personal preference really and in the end, you should go with what makes you (or significant other or that person you are trying to impress) happy.

I just looked up the measurements on the two belts I wear most often and my strictly casual belt is 1.5" (38mm), my both my dress belt and my belt that works with casual and business casual attire are 1.25" (31.75mm). And I believe the WWE Heavyweight Championship belt is about 180mm.

Ah it's these small details that like the few mm in a belt that most people IRL don't see and only see an overall outfit looking good or otherwise, my significant other does not care about such details (she finds doing so to be obsessive!), I happen to be interested in identifying them to make outfits work better.

I'll post again with all the suggested changes including the smaller 35mm belt.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looks good, AAS. Not surprisingly I'm not a big fan of the matching pocket square/vest, just because it looks like the vest is peaking through your pocket, but I get that it is your style.

Thanks to all for the feedback on the Stark. I truly appreciate the non-snarky constructive criticism (and thumbs/compliments, of course).

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics