• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Kent Wang MTM polo shirt
Linen shorts by Polo
Sperrys on da feet

ORLY? How'd you go about getting MTM polos? Sounds like something I need to jump on.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you like it? The Wang.

Wang jokes aside, yes, I'm a fan. Kent's products and customer service are first-rate.

Did you MTM the collar like that? It looks 2 sizes too big.

I guess I don't see what you're seeing, Rambo, except that in the pic it looks like the collar might be resting back a little far away from my neck.

The neck on my MTM polos is very nearly the same size as Kent's RTW size L, but the shoulders and chest are much closer to his RTW size XXL. Then I accidentally shrank the whole thing by washing it in warm water. So, if anything, the neck ought to look too small, not too big. Perhaps it didn't shrink in proportion to the rest of the shirt?

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...The neck on my MTM polos is very nearly the same size as Kent's RTW size L, but the shoulders and chest are much closer to his RTW size XXL. Then I accidentally shrank the whole thing by washing it in warm water. So, if anything, the neck ought to look too small, not too big. Perhaps it didn't shrink in proportion to the rest of the shirt?
I actually like the length proportion of this. How much did you add/subtract from RTW offering, or was it due to shrinkage? Thanks TB....

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually like the length proportion of this. How much did you add/subtract from RTW offering, or was it due to shrinkage? Thanks TB....

Sorry, but I don't have a useful answer to that. I've forgotten the measurements I ended up using, and this shirt pictured above also shrank more than I'd planned for. (My fault, though, not the shirt's.)

If you're interested in Kent's MTM polos, I suggest that you order two of his RTWs, one in the size you think is most likely to fit and one in either the next size up or the next size down. Wear them both, measure them thoroughly, and then email Kent the dimensions you want on your MTM. He'll offer advice and talk you through the process. Then return the RTW polos for a refund.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my two cents, KP.

Jacket fits you but still doesn't look very good. Sleeves are too long (can be fixed) and buttoning point is too high (can't be fixed). Pants are rolled up too far. We argue a lot here about cuffing, but I think most of us would agree that we shouldn't be able to see that much of your ankles from such a high camera angle.

Regarding colors, I like the purple and white combo -- a lot -- but the contrast and lighting in your pics is making the rest hard to judge and/or appreciate. I hope this helps. Keep posting and keep tweaking.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ It is 100 degrees in Detroit today, I am strangely jealous of the apparent weather that allows for this fit today. Looks good despite my aversion to camo :)

haha, the grass is always greener.

I've been wearing variations of this (swap knits, cords/wool trousers, boots etc) for a couple of weeks now and i can't wait to be able to drape myself in linen...

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha, the grass is always greener.
I've been wearing variations of this (swap knits, cords/wool trousers, boots etc) for a couple of weeks now and i can't wait to be able to drape myself in linen...

I prefer that happy mid point where I can wear either linen, cotton, or wool...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would happily forego linen if the weather which makes it necessary were to go with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics