• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do not like the awkward crotch bulge, I can't tell if that's your right hand pulling the fabric, the fabric not fitting properly, or you're just a bit too happy to take a picture of yourself

er sorry about that, its the pose. Or maybe the pants don't have enough fabric "there." Anyway, sorry about that...I can assure you my gf would be not happy if i got that excited taking pictures of myself...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
zN0vL.jpg

:satisfied:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the critique, gents. Fuuma, I like the cleaner look of no cuffs, but am not averse to cuffs either. I just may hem them a bit shorter, so they stack a bit less. Before that, though, I'll pop a pic up with them cuffed.

recondite

Reaction score
Well there you go!

I just find it silly when one claims to be dressing for a night out for a kabob at a fancy Persian restaurant, but they look like they should be roasting one over a pile of coals from ancient Juniper windfall in the Bitterroot.

Context is everything after accounting for the eye of the beholder.

Too many dress like they're headed out for a night out in Twin Bridges, Chesham, or Groissiat when they are really planning on spending the night reveling in Miami, LA, Osaka, or Berlin, or even better London, New York, Hong Kong, or Monte Carlo.

The only good news is that it is fairly easy to be considered well dress in the presence of such an audience

Well, you see, that's why I like Zissou. He dresses like he could be out with the bisons. Then he posts a picture of himself out in with the bison in Utah.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, what the **** is going on in here?

Acecow, Teger, Fumma, and some other people have been semi-at-each-others-throats concerning the relative merits of MC and SW&D. It hasn't resulted in any kind of synthesis of opinions, so no reason to go back and read the last 25 pages.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Acecow, Teger, Fumma, and some other people have been semi-at-each-others-throats concerning the relative merits of MC and SW&D. It hasn't resulted in any kind of synthesis of opinions, so no reason to go back and read the last 25 pages.

And, in behavior atypical of a Frenchman, Fuuma has not surrendered yet.
peepwall[1].gif

Is he even French? I just assumed he was for his penchant for mentioning his friends in Paris.

Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can make peace among all the factions, but refuse to do so out of spite.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a certain lack of pants.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Thanks for the critique, gents. Fuuma, I like the cleaner look of no cuffs, but am not averse to cuffs either. I just may hem them a bit shorter, so they stack a bit less. Before that, though, I'll pop a pic up with them cuffed.

I'd let them break down a little bit and wait for the first wash if you haven't done those two things, they might settle down. Adjust when the denim is soft not when you get them.

Last edited:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

**** undershirts, if you must wear one just do like Serge Gainsbourg and cut the collar with scissors, that way you'll be able to unbutton your shirt another button (he did it without dress shirts to look naked under his suit). Chest hair is fine this isn't a razor add (stubble+shaven chest).

This enough buttons?

beach_small.jpg
\

edit: don't ask how far back in the archives I had to go for this....

Last edited:

Miran2

Reaction score
Well there you go!

I just find it silly when one claims to be dressing for a night out for a kabob at a fancy Persian restaurant, but they look like they should be roasting one over a pile of coals from ancient Juniper windfall in the Bitterroot.

Context is everything after accounting for the eye of the beholder.

Too many dress like they're headed out for a night out in Twin Bridges, Chesham, or Groissiat when they are really planning on spending the night reveling in Miami, LA, Osaka, or Berlin, or even better London, New York, Hong Kong, or Monte Carlo.

The only good news is that it is fairly easy to be considered well dress in the presence of such an audience

Hello there...I don't usually post in this neck of SF...but somebody mentioned this over in the Random Fashion Thoughts thread in SW&D, suggesting between the lines I check your post out...
Were you in the Maldives? I'm pretty sure you're not in the Maldives now, because 1/2 of the internet is banned in the Maldives, and I'm pretty sure SF is included. Regardless, I was there in 2004, in August, for a 3-week holiday. We were at Baa Atoll and Addu Atoll...it was very nice...

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I can make peace among all the factions, but refuse to do so out of spite.

I just thought it was because you were an asshole. Which is what I admire about you. That you're so up front about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads