• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I thoroughly approve of your Golden Harvests, I must strongly protest this business with sandals. Counselor, how could you show up for court in sandals? I’m very disappointed.

View attachment 2189813

Well, at least you probably weren’t late, what with your atomic clock synchronized super-watch.

I'm totally bragging. But it's the truth. I'm usually the best dressed in court.

Even with robes, when everyone should look the same, my shoe game always gives me the advantage on the sartorial front.

Now whether looking sharp has ever won the day for one of my clients - I'll say I doubt it.

I wear nice stuff because I want to, and like to. It's never for anyone else.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Found these today at an estate sale.

Never seen this Alden-Pedic label before but seems pretty self explanatory. Model 472 … classy. the way these are marked up/spotted makes me think it might be dirty old shell but definitely seeings some creasing too.

The other two pairs don’t excite me as much but were too cool not to buy. Jarman friendly and some sweet ET wright/ Boyce & Lewis blue suedes.

IMG_2695.jpeg IMG_2696.jpeg IMG_2697.jpeg IMG_2698.jpeg IMG_2699.jpeg IMG_2700.jpeg

actionjbone

Reaction score

Never seen this Alden-Pedic label before but seems pretty self explanatory. Model 472 … classy. the way these are marked up/spotted makes me think it might be dirty old shell but definitely seeings some creasing too.

The other two pairs don’t excite me as much but were too cool not to buy. Jarman friendly and some sweet ET wright/ Boyce & Lewis blue suedes.

View attachment 2190585 View attachment 2190587 View attachment 2190589 View attachment 2190591 View attachment 2190593 View attachment 2190595
Sheeeeit, that's a nice haul.

Bought for special occasions that never arrived. :(

I hope you're a 12AA!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm totally bragging. But it's the truth. I'm usually the best dressed in court.

Even with robes, when everyone should look the same, my shoe game always gives me the advantage on the sartorial front.

Now whether looking sharp has ever won the day for one of my clients - I'll say I doubt it.

I’ll I can say is an attorney wearing “dress sneakers”, or pilgrim shoes, is a cause for concern (IMHO).

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2190585 View attachment 2190587 View attachment 2190589 View attachment 2190591 View attachment 2190593 View attachment 2190595
Forget the Alden’s, I want those Jarman’s cap-toes in the middle.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know these existed. That’s a lot of mustard!

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m the best dressed when I do a deposition. And I’m a physical therapist

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden NSTs in shell cordovan today…
IMG_6110.jpeg
IMG_6109.jpeg
IMG_6108.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute… “price punishment”?!?! We are pricing punishments around here now? Maybe we can relax the rules?
Ok. It’s a typo. Blame my iphun. See what I mean?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know these existed. That’s a lot of mustard!
If those were my size, I’d smash that BIN button harder than Mike Tyson hitting Jake Paul in a roid rage.

I’m not a big PTB person, but those speak to me. And yes, it’s all about that color. I wish those were in my size.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If those were my size, I’d smash that BIN button harder than Mike Tyson hitting Jake Paul in a roid rage.

I’m not a big PTB person, but those speak to me. And yes, it’s all about that color. I wish those were in my size.

I was not a big PTB person, but they grew on me over time. This resulted in more than a few pairs, including this black shell pair that arrived a few days ago. Not vintage, but a classic style.

IMG_0544.jpg

actionjbone

Reaction score

Those are technically "my size," but Florsheims of that era tend to be a full size big on me.

My budget appreciates this.

actionjbone

Reaction score
Florsheims of that era tend to be a full size big on me.
And speaking on this exact topic...

IMG_20240527_154837170~2.jpg
IMG_20240527_154850714~2.jpg
IMG_20240527_154932718~2.jpg

Today I'm starting to restore these 1972 Florsheim Varsitys.

I wear a 9.5EEE, and these Florsheim 8.5EEEs are a perfect fit.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad