• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing to think about the fact that there are still GH out in the world to be discovered. They only made from 1965-79. And they probably were not nearly as popular as 93602 or other colors. It’s getting harder and harder to find really minty Florsheim even the models they made tons of.

I have never seen a pair of NOS GH. But, I’m guessing somewhere a pair is lurking. Most likely forgotten by an old man. Let’s hope when they are found that his kids don’t just Chuck them.

This does beg the question, which is more valuable, a NOS Golden Harvest or a NOS 93605.
I had three in my possession at one point (I'm blatantly boasting here). I traded w/ @Thomas Crown for a better size and sold off the other two pairs. They are very cool shoes, but I felt like only needed one in my rotation.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing to think about the fact that there are still GH out in the world to be discovered. They only made from 1965-79. And they probably were not nearly as popular as 93602 or other colors. It’s getting harder and harder to find really minty Florsheim even the models they made tons of.

I have never seen a pair of NOS GH. But, I’m guessing somewhere a pair is lurking. Most likely forgotten by an old man. Let’s hope when they are found that his kids don’t just Chuck them.

This does beg the question, which is more valuable, a NOS Golden Harvest or a NOS 93605.
I might know where a pair of NOS golden harvests is hiding :hide:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might know where a pair of NOS golden harvests is hiding :hide:

Seriously? Maybe I don’t need to make my mortgage payment this month. Tell me more! PM SENT! Now I’m going to be refreshing this page until I get carpal tunnel.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am liking these shoes more and more.
View attachment 1585052
Copeg by Scholl

@ZePrez -- how do you find the sizing? I vary between an A-width and AA-width, depending on the last. The pair of COPEGs that I have are an AA, and a fair bit snug. I'm currently watching a pair in a B-width, and I just don't have enough context to know whether the A would be fine and the B too much, or...if the B would work fine for me.

I know I can probably wear the B-width with thick socks -- I did that with dress shoes for years, since A's were hard to come by. But the style I'm looking at is very formal, and I would prefer to wear thinner dress socks.

So, from your experience, are they true-to-size in width? Or do they run wide or narrow, compared to other shoes?

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a quick pic. They’re size 11.5D, but I don’t currently plan on selling them. I bought them a few years ago off of shopgoodwill.
image.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously? Maybe I don’t need to make my mortgage payment this month. Tell me more! PM SENT! Now I’m going to be refreshing this page until I get carpal tunnel.

Just to add to your pain. But they were not in your size.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 5.34.04 PM.png

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a quick pic. They’re size 11.5D, but I don’t currently plan on selling them. I bought them a few years ago off of shopgoodwill. View attachment 1588452

Oh my gosh. They do exist! You need to build a shrine for them. A NOS GH! It’s like finding a treasure map! I can’t believe with all the discussion about the GH lately you have managed to keep quiet. If you ever decide to sell, please let me know. I have two good kidneys. Hell, I have 5 kids. Who needs 5? The two youngest are sort of overachievers. But, one of the first 3 would be good.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be honest, I struggle to believe that ANY shoes can make it 50+ years without being worn. I mean, yeah, it's happened. I've owned a few NOS pairs myself. But why would someone shell out hard-earned cash for expensive Florsheim shoes and never wear them?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I struggle to believe that ANY shoes can make it 50+ years without being worn. I mean, yeah, it's happened. I've owned a few NOS pairs myself. But why would someone shell out hard-earned cash for expensive Florsheim shoes and never wear them?

I have a couple pair of NOS shoes from late 70’s and they are great. The owner took care of them and stored them appropriately. I was concerned at first and made sure to condition them immediately.

as for the reason people buy them and set them aside? I have no idea. Maybe it’s the same reason people buy a car (just an ordinary version not some collectible car) and then park it.

happypebble

Reaction score
It's a big world out there. Something the size of a shoe box can get lost in the clutter and never used. I'd like to thank the former owners of my deadstock-till-I-got-them, late sixties/early seventies Charles Chester oxfords and City Club monkstraps for keeping them pristine for me. Oh, and that fabulous pair of Weyenbergs that I haven't yet had the courage to wear...they're pretty.

happypebble

Reaction score
I have 48 pairs of NOS shoes rangigg by from the 1930s-80s. I don’t know how it happens, but they’re definitely out there.
If I had Donald Trump money, I would model my shoe collection on yours. Mine is much more humble; still, there's much pleasure to be derived from it.

ZePrez

Reaction score
@ZePrez -- how do you find the sizing? I vary between an A-width and AA-width, depending on the last. The pair of COPEGs that I have are an AA, and a fair bit snug. I'm currently watching a pair in a B-width, and I just don't have enough context to know whether the A would be fine and the B too much, or...if the B would work fine for me.

I know I can probably wear the B-width with thick socks -- I did that with dress shoes for years, since A's were hard to come by. But the style I'm looking at is very formal, and I would prefer to wear thinner dress socks.

So, from your experience, are they true-to-size in width? Or do they run wide or narrow, compared to other shoes?
Fit is excellent. I wear usually a 9.5D or 9E. These are 9E and they fit like a glove. They have a considerable amount of arch support. The shoe also flexes well when you walk, somehow like a sneaker... most interesting way. The way you walk with these is different from many shoes, equal to some JR sole.
A very well made pair of shoes. They (Copeg Scholl) were unto something the public may have missed. The Copeg are also elegant, with the slight patina/darkening around the broguing and the general look of the leather and the color. They have become my goto longwings for smart or office casual with or whithout suits ... but, here is the quandary: I like to wear them but don't want to wear them out . There is no way this pair will have to suffer a re-sole. Not sure there are any cobbler out there capable of refitting those wood pegs ... You can tell I am in love with these shoes .. These longwings along with a pair of (likely Bostonian but could be Hanover) Shell Cordovan PTB, are the best bargain I got in my foray into vintage shoe collecting: $50 each.
The Copeg fit well.
The Bostonian are too big 10 D but .. Yeah! I wear them! Regardless :D

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Curious if anyone from the brotherhood snagged the 10.5D NOS Macneils that cleared Ebay last night? Haven't seen too many NOS AEs from that period and I'd debated throwing my hat in the ring but wasn't sure about the size and truly do not need them. I have some regrets on the grain pair since they went for a good price. No regrets on the shell pair since they fetched a pretty lofty price for AE (gorgeous color, no doubt).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads