• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

GT-R

Reaction score
Now that the vita is taking its last breaths, at least everywhere but Japan, I look back with some very mixed feelings. On one hand, the vita has been invaluable when on flights, waiting at the hospital, etc. But when I contrast that with the psp, which I used all the time at home, it is a big let down.

My biggest annoyance about the vita is the way Japanese games have stagnated in creativity. Every other game is some ****** dynasty warriors fight 100 of the same enemies and walk to the next checkpoint or some woeful persona-type dungeon crawler with dusty turn-based combat.

The best thing about the vita was the indie games (that I can get on pc) and the few gems that Sony stopped incentivising like gravity rush, nfs most wanted, and sonic all stars racing transformed. Man, **** the vita.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is common knowledge by now but EA opened a subscription to their game vault for 30$ per year and I haven't played any of their classics and some newer games too SW:Battlefront1, Battlefield1 standard edition(some from battlefield series, dragon age, mass effect etc)- https://www.ea.com/ea-access/games

It's quite a good deal if like me you haven't played basically any of them.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I've been playing far too much PUBG. The hackers are out of control though. On top of the hacking is all of the stability and playability issues (like hitboxes) that come from client side rendering. I can't wait for a better publisher to make a clone.

The game has sold 20m copies and is the #1 played game on steam by a lot. You'd think with $3B in revenue, they could hire a bunch of programmers to solve a bunch of the issues, make it more playable, and reap the rewards of more microtransactions.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** that EA trash.

I tried the SW:Battlefront2 beta...garbage game.

I wish they didn't have the SW license, because there could be so much better stuff done with that IP...

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm playing SWB1 now and lack of campaign is very disappointing, I'd say that LucasArts SWB1 and SWB2 were better games back in their time, more playable and more fun.

Not to mention I spent fist 2hous trying to change the language from Russian, because my game must have installed badly since it was only language available... Then it turned out I will have only Polish and Russian available since EA localized their shop for Eastern Europe... sad

Still I want to try BF3, BF4, BF1, and Mass Effect and Dragon Age so... for 20$ in my locale its the price I'm willing to pay for putting up with EA bullshit.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I take it back. The starfighter mode showed promise.

I didn't put enough time into it to really work it out, but that mode was fun. Unfortunately, it is less than 1/3 of the game and will probably be left dangling and content-less...or worse, dependant on a bunch of ****** DLC.

Basically zero interest in playing the FPS modes again, but the all-starfighter battles gave me a bit of those Star Wars tingles.

brokencycle

Reaction score
BF2 looks and sounds like star wars, but the lack of content at launch and the microtransaction driven stuff I'd garbage. A $60 game shouldn't have microtransactions.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys on the lookout for any deals on new monitors? I need to upgrade to a 144hz. Heard BenQ was good.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been playing far too much PUBG. The hackers are out of control though. On top of the hacking is all of the stability and playability issues (like hitboxes) that come from client side rendering. I can't wait for a better publisher to make a clone.

The game has sold 20m copies and is the #1 played game on steam by a lot. You'd think with $3B in revenue, they could hire a bunch of programmers to solve a bunch of the issues, make it more playable, and reap the rewards of more microtransactions.
That sucks...I'd been thinking about trying it, but that sounds awful.

BF2 looks and sounds like star wars, but the lack of content at launch and the microtransaction driven stuff I'd garbage. A $60 game shouldn't have microtransactions.

All the more reason to support Blizzard (and help bolster my shares in Activision-Blizzard)...Overwatch is a $60 (well, not anymore) game that has yet to have a single microtransaction required for any of the new content. HOTS is a free to play game that is still truly playable without spending any money. And WoW classic could be cool...

brokencycle

Reaction score
b
That sucks...I'd been thinking about trying it, but that sounds awful.

All the more reason to support Blizzard (and help bolster my shares in Activision-Blizzard)...Overwatch is a $60 (well, not anymore) game that has yet to have a single microtransaction required for any of the new content. HOTS is a free to play game that is still truly playable without spending any money. And WoW classic could be cool...

Agree about HOTS, but I just don't like MOBAs. I burned myself out on DOTA. They're only really fun with premade teams.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Watching the SWBF2 subreddit explode has been a highlight of the month. **** EA.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed. Although I doubt this blowback is going to have any real effect.

I can slightly hope that enough people will ***** to disney and they will pull the license. Maybe the people trying to spread the idea that "EA is encouraging your kids to gamble in the new Star Wars game" will make some progress.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lixohealthcare