1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

b
    Agree about HOTS, but I just don't like MOBAs. I burned myself out on DOTA. They're only really fun with premade teams.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Watching the SWBF2 subreddit explode has been a highlight of the month. Fuck EA.

3. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Indeed. Although I doubt this blowback is going to have any real effect.

I can slightly hope that enough people will bitch to disney and they will pull the license. Maybe the people trying to spread the idea that "EA is encouraging your kids to gamble in the new Star Wars game" will make some progress.

4. gort

gort Distinguished Member

I run dual Dell S2716DG 144hz gsync monitors. They are kick ass.

5. Synthese

6. wojt

wojt Distinguished Member

Hmm what?

7. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Loot boxes are basically gambling. If your kid wants to get a certain weapon, they either need to throw money into the gambling system or spend a bunch of time playing to earn credits (to then throw into the gambling system...either way, they are gambling).

I don't personally care much about loot boxes (though I would prefer that they are attached to cosmetics only)...but it is a reasonable argument if you are trying to scare parents into yelling at Disney or not buying the game.

8. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

How did the ama go? It didn't look like they responded to anything.

9. Synthese

Yeah, basically. You can read all their responses if you click on usernames, but there aren't many, and most (all?) are pretty PR-speak-y; i.e. "We'll be sure to look into this and tune the game as we progress." Not sure what else they can say, really - interesting attempt on the part of EA to deflect, though. The whole system seems fucked beyond belief.

I hadn't been planning to buy the game at all, and certainly won't, but I hope that this puts other publishers on notice. Lootbox creep is pretty damn insidious these days, so to the extent that this can actually harm EA (lol) I hope it does. I mean, this is pretty interesting: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefront-2-overwatch-being-investigated-by-gamb/1100-6454989/

Anyway, fuck that company. This sure as hell doesn't give me high hopes for Anthem. I play - or played - a lot of Destiny, and hate the state of affairs there, too. Thankfully I still have H:ZD, Nier, and Witcher 3 left to beat.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Doesn't Massdrop have their own branded gaming monitor now? It's supposed to be fairly good in the costs to performance ratio.

12. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

I've never felt the need to look into 144hz.

Always just looked for high quality color (and I have a calibration puck) and "good enough" response time.

Might go for freesync/g-sync on the next monitor, but even that's not something that really bothers me.

13. GT-R

GT-R Well-Known Member

Does anyone here pay gran turismo sport? Any thoughts on gt mode (gt league) finally being released in the new update? Also, the need to have to be online in order to save.

14. wojt

wojt Distinguished Member

I have older generation BenQ GW2750 VA matrix 27" and it's value still working like a charm, you don't see any lagging on screen colors were much better than TN and IPS (especially for movies) from around time I bought it and viewing angles are very good too. Not sure they still make VA matrixes but ones from BenQ were veeery good imo. I mean for 300$ back then, best deal there was for 27".

15. Reggs

Reggs Distinguished Member

I got Prey for $20 on Steam and it's a very fun and polished single player game.

It's similar gameplay to Half-Life or Dishonored. You have a tech tree and decide what abilities your character develops, so you can stealth through a level, kill everything in sight, or hack all the computers and make enemies turn on each other ect. No cut scenes.

I really love the aesthetics.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480490/Prey/