• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t, which was my mistake. 6 year old veg tan…
They don't look too bad, just be a little careful and make sure they don't progress

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Black waxed camel derby shoes.
W6nB9j2_TReHEYXf0GgoJA.jpg

pirate_doc

Reaction score
I jumped on the navy teacore workshoe butt 2040s. Cap toe and white stitchdown in that dark color looks fantastic. It’s funny as I’ve bought and subsequently sold some of my vibergs I’ve begun to know what I like best in a makeup. White stitching for the welt so the high spi stands out more, French binding especially in horse butt as it adds rigidity to the top of the heel so it’s easier to slip them on. Full lined - it’s more comfortable. My double cordovan aren’t lined and break in is a ***** in the heel. Also I prefer dainite or lactae havea to ridgeway. Ridgeway to me feels stiffer than dainite and I don’t like the less surface area in contact with the ground. Walking on literal ridges just feels weird to me.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Help! Why have I developed a God awful squeak?
Boots about 1-2 months old, worn often, always allowed to dry usually with trees in between wears. After a long trip, I wore them a few days later laced tightly. Left foot squeak when flex and right when striking heel. Thought maybe it was just the tongue so I VSC'ed the tongue and brushed down the boot. Today it was ok for about a mile (right boot still fine), but left has the squeak again! Seems to be when I flex - even when the boot is not laced (less obvious).

Is this the midsole/insole leather squeak? Can anything be done? I am quite gutted because I absolutely love these boots but they are now driving me crazy.

Unlaced, demonstrating flex squeak

Laced and walking, flex squeak (2 videos). My gait is odd because I was trying to film.

Did you get this sorted? Recently had a pair develop a squeak. Not sure who I would trust on fixing.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get this sorted? Recently had a pair develop a squeak. Not sure who I would trust on fixing.
Squeak may require replacing the midsole. Viberg when they were doing repairs gave me a deal on repairing it as opposed to repairing to for free like the PNW makers do under warranty, but they did a decent job of it. They're having Bakers and DeVito's do the repair work now so you can contact them. The first step is trying to identify where the squeak is coming from. If its the tongue some baby powder will help. If its the heel cup I know someone injected baby powder between the lining and heel cup and that worked. If its the shank/insole area you'll need the full repair.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a pair of mine and had to get even the midsole replaced. I'm happy to provide an update when they are complete

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score
Those are 2010, which is more anatomical than 2030. People usually size down 0.5-1 from their Viberg boot size for that last, but I had a pair at the same size and it was fine.
I went up 0.5 from my 2010 size for 2030 (service boot, plain toe, natural CXL) and they fit perfectly.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:inlove:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52