• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t really understand the pushback on price. Horsebutt only has a small fraction with the shell layer, while this is only the part with the shell layer. Surely that should justify a premium? Plus, it’s an ultra-specialty (low volume) product. Also (speculatively), these are unlined, so take more shell per pair.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t really understand the pushback on price. Horsebutt only has a small fraction with the shell layer, while this is only the part with the shell layer. Surely that should justify a premium? Plus, it’s an ultra-specialty (low volume) product. Also (speculatively), these are unlined, so take more shell per pair.

If I ever buy 1500 boots, I would want them to look like 1500 boots. These don’t look any different than their regular offerings.

Jess_mcjess

Reaction score
but in all reality, the "double shell" looks awesome, i like the powdery look of the flesh and the color variation, only problem with the release (from my standpoint) is that it looks very similar to the Natural Essex Horsebutt release from 2021
1674081876783.png

but almost double the price (and a coloring book)

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Hey all, looking to sell some bergs in sizes 8-10 from mis-sizing over the years, allowed to post here or should I do it in marketplace/classified only?

Trim Man

Reaction score
but in all reality, the "double shell" looks awesome, i like the powdery look of the flesh and the color variation, only problem with the release (from my standpoint) is that it looks very similar to the Natural Essex Horsebutt release from 2021
View attachment 1880289

but almost double the price (and a coloring book)
I too think that leather looks amazing, but the boots are priced so far above what I'm willing to pay at this time that it only triggers the mildest FOMO for me personally. Not saying it's not in line with what they've been charging for shell, etc., just beyond where I'm willing to go. I think perhaps if I had a glaring gap in my collection where these fit - or maybe if I was a bit more removed from my boot spending spree of the past two years - I'd be much more tempted by these and possibly even pull the trigger.

That being said, I think anyone that does buy them will end up with a very beautiful and rare pair of boots (barring any of the occasional Viberg crafting/QC shenanigans, of course.). I am really excited at the possibility of seeing what they look like with some wear. Crust ages so nicely in my experience and I think these will certainly be no exception. So to anyone who went in on these, please post pics when they arrive and as they age!

Superdoedoe

Reaction score
Hey all, looking to sell some bergs in sizes 8-10 from mis-sizing over the years, allowed to post here or should I do it in marketplace/classified only?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a double cordovan hide from Tannery Row a couple months back. Price wise it should be between workshoe butt and shell pricing. Its about as expensive as a full workshoe butt, but its less sq. ft. of leather due to the strip being removed. Shell itself is still more costly. This should be 1200-1300 in price, the upcharge is high on here.

20221111_165505.jpg

Pic related

Superdoedoe

Reaction score
I bought a double cordovan hide from Tannery Row a couple months back. Price wise it should be between workshoe butt and shell pricing. Its about as expensive as a full workshoe butt, but its less sq. ft. of leather due to the strip being removed. Shell itself is still more costly. This should be 1200-1300 in price, the upcharge is high on here.

View attachment 1880323
Pic related
Curious what do you do with the leathers you buy?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dia Masoud