• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is correct based on my exp. The 2013-2014 stuff fits really quite differently. There's been 3 iterations or so of the 2030 last, and with some pretty diff changes, there's a pic of all three doing the rounds somewhere. The toe is much rounder, heel is different. My experience is the older ones fit shorter, lower volume, lower instep. the 2018 iteration is slightly diff and fits a touch larger. The 2020 + one is again different, rounder toe, bigger instep. The newer 2030 in size 11 is a very different fit from anything older for me, but I have a low instep, my facings were fairly wide on the older last but now touch at the top. This is all pretty clear just looking at the boots from those eras side by side. Aside from that they moved from hand to machine lasting and the tweaks in the last was supposed to accommodate that change. I could prob take TTS brannock on some of the older GYW models.

TLDR oldest quite a bit less roomy, older slightly less roomy, newer biggest.

The pattern changes are all pretty different too, just look at the old height vs the new one! But as you say prob only applicable to nerds.
I agree that the 2014s I had were a bit shorter and lower volume. Honestly I was ignoring the super old 2030s just because they're so rare. I do think its a one-two punch of both pattern and last changes. Also the leather toe puffs contribute to a lot of the front end aesthetic changes as they've been messing around with them too.

7sport

Reaction score
I agree that the 2014s I had were a bit shorter and lower volume. Honestly I was ignoring the super old 2030s just because they're so rare. I do think its a one-two punch of both pattern and last changes. Also the leather toe puffs contribute to a lot of the front end aesthetic changes as they've been messing around with them too.

I’ll add that there was some inconsistency that I’ve seen w/respect to forefoot space with some of the earlier 2030s. Could be related to toe cap vs. plain toe and/or what leather was used too. I’ve got some old ones that I typically choose different sock thicknesses to fit perfectly despite all of them being unstructured 2030 of the same stamped size from the same era.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll add that there was some inconsistency that I’ve seen w/respect to forefoot space with some of the earlier 2030s. Could be related to toe cap vs. plain toe and/or what leather was used too. I’ve got some old ones that I typically choose different sock thicknesses to fit perfectly despite all of them being unstructured 2030 of the same stamped size from the same era.
Yeah there's a lot of wackiness too just pair to pair even

Meelypops

Reaction score

Yeah the leather toe puffs really pushed the roundness up agreed.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220830_125636.jpg

Mr Porter Blacked Out Derby Boots

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just the picture or is the right heel counter that much darker than the rest of the boots?
It’s not the picture my right boot actually looks like that in person too. Maybe they gave me a nice unwaxed cut of the hide to make up for the busted eyelet because they’re on the same boot…. You have me wondering if it’s even the same leather now lol.
E0517D00-604D-4BCA-9295-E75F34436C5C.jpeg
44A5D742-AADB-4580-ABFD-EE9A2595021B.jpeg
2A1435B9-85ED-4401-A89C-B51C4663025C.jpeg

Last edited:

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78