• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone size differently with unstructured toe boots? curious if they fit different as they collapse over time.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Friday. From the Last SS in LA. Viberg Reverse Tobacco Chamois Service Boots.

Viberg Reverse Tobacco Chamois Service Boots - 2022-02-18 - 1.jpg

Viberg Reverse Tobacco Chamois Service Boots - 2022-02-18 - 2.jpg

Viberg Reverse Tobacco Chamois Service Boots - 2022-02-18 - 3.jpg

-Mike

Trim Man

Reaction score
PXL_20220218_185008572.jpg

Quick pic of the new arrivals from the SS. Can't find a damn thing wrong with the Shinkis. Dark Cognac have a line running along the outside of the left boot where it looks like the shell was bent or folded.
PXL_20220218_045032532.jpg

They were also pretty dried out and beat up, but some TLC fixed that right up. Trying to decide on the laces.

Overall I'm very pleased with both. Still have a pair of fango calf on the way from the last day of the sale, because God knows I might need a backup if the rest of the crew is out of commission...
PXL_20220218_184055033.jpg

Trim Man

Reaction score
Is that color 4 shinki?
Yes, I believe that it is. It's on the 2020 last and Ridgeway. I think it's from this run:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, I believe that it is. It's on the 2020 last and Ridgeway. I think it's from this run:
Ok, I was thinking of a different pair. I got the color 4 Shinki HB with the messed up punching. My pair is on dainite and the 2030.

I am happy with mine for the SS price, but do prefer the pair you purchased.

Trim Man

Reaction score
Ok, I was thinking of a different pair. I got the color 4 Shinki HB with the messed up punching. My pair is on dainite and the 2030.

I am happy with mine for the SS price, but do prefer the pair you purchased.
Yeah it's really a handsome leather. I think there was a forum member on here who fixed the brogueing with some polish and a toothpick. Looked pretty good after he was done.

A couple more shots on foot since I decided to put them on to run a few errands:
PXL_20220218_212021441.jpg
PXL_20220218_212727249.jpg

jwy

Reaction score
View attachment 1756249
I'll get more pics of these tomorrow. Got an early start tomorrow. The facings are almost touching when flat like the halkett derby and not a little spread like the shelby, but they're nice for a sample, lost a bit of threading on the left boots brogueing is all

This pair is fantastic, do you know which leather it is? I've been looking for a new pair of black boots and these fit the bill!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pair is fantastic, do you know which leather it is? I've been looking for a new pair of black boots and these fit the bill!
Its Maryam HB, I assume the vachetta and they just buffed it with VSC at the factory, but for all I know it could be the waxed even. Temper is too firm to be Comipel and the finishing is too different from Shinki.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngayogyakarta