• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah honestly I really wasn't going to but I was washing some dishes and splashed some water over the counter. Wiped my boots off but the leather darkened quite a bit and to my surprise kind of just stuck around.
It's a light colored veg tan leather, let it dry and see where it ends up if it was just water

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, my experience with Divsion Road was that they were very perceptive about how to fit the 2020's I purchased from them, and their detailed (very!) sizing advice was dead on and worth the time it took to think it through. They earned my trust (even though I still roll my eyes at their ad copy for their Viberg boots, haha).
DR has always given me accurate sizing guidance.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my experience with Divsion Road was that they were very perceptive about how to fit the 2020's I purchased from them, and their detailed (very!) sizing advice was dead on and worth the time it took to think it through. They earned my trust (even though I still roll my eyes at their ad copy for their Viberg boots, haha).
DR has always given me accurate sizing guidance.

found the DR customer service reps

mp42

Reaction score
tl;dr: Any reason to think the pair below is shell?? ?

Hey folks! New to this forum as a member but I've been a lurker on this thread for years now ?

I was lucky enough to stop by the SS in NYC on Thursday morning and was primarily looking to snag a 2030 in some kind of horsebutt. I was able to spot this pair which I strongly believe to be the somewhat recent .com version of the Toscanello TPR
received_472332634395664.jpeg received_913529652687415.jpeg

Comparison shot (left: my older 2030 in waxed kudu from DR, right: possible Toscanello)
received_483732616446601.jpeg

More shots later in sunlight and indoors capturing the striations typical of horsebutt:
PXL_20220215_140206118.jpg PXL_20220214_212306567.jpg

Now, the only thing that makes me think otherwise was the fact that the checkout person at the SS claimed this was shell so it was $660 instead of $475. I'm actually happy enough with that price even if it wasn't shell (this particular makeup was the one I was looking for and regretted missing out on it as my size has sold out on Viberg - other stockists seem to have the all eyelet versions so getting it at a slight discount at the SS is still a win!).

But I can't help but wonder - is this really shell? I can't remember any previous shell runs that look like this. Any help/thoughts from other folks are well appreciated!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tl;dr: Any reason to think the pair below is shell?? ?

Hey folks! New to this forum as a member but I've been a lurker on this thread for years now ?

I was lucky enough to stop by the SS in NYC on Thursday morning and was primarily looking to snag a 2030 in some kind of horsebutt. I was able to spot this pair which I strongly believe to be the somewhat recent .com version of the Toscanello TPR
View attachment 1755723 View attachment 1755918

Comparison shot (left: my older 2030 in waxed kudu from DR, right: possible Toscanello)
View attachment 1755726

More shots later in sunlight and indoors capturing the striations typical of horsebutt:
View attachment 1755920 View attachment 1755921

Now, the only thing that makes me think otherwise was the fact that the checkout person at the SS claimed this was shell so it was $660 instead of $475. I'm actually happy enough with that price even if it wasn't shell (this particular makeup was the one I was looking for and regretted missing out on it as my size has sold out on Viberg - other stockists seem to have the all eyelet versions so getting it at a slight discount at the SS is still a win!).

But I can't help but wonder - is this really shell? I can't remember any previous shell runs that look like this. Any help/thoughts from other folks are well appreciated!
Its definitely the toscanello TPR you can see horsebutt graining on the pair even. I would contact viberg and ask for a partial refund of the difference.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220217_091327.jpg

I wanted to post a short video of bonbon playing on these, but this is all you'll get cause SF doesn't like videos.

mp42

Reaction score

joev492

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new member here although I've been active on Reddit GYW for a couple years. Anyone know of any listings for Birch Kudu Sneakers? Or if anyone was able to grab a pair in 7.5 from the SS and had a change of heart shoot me a message!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220217_194004.jpg

Well these were snuff and not bamboo lol

20220217_194824.jpg

I'll get more pics of these tomorrow. Got an early start tomorrow. The facings are almost touching when flat like the halkett derby and not a little spread like the shelby, but they're nice for a sample, lost a bit of threading on the left boots brogueing is all

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikhan