• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy, any chance you will be doing brown (of any hue) shell cordovan service boots on the 2030 last in the near-ish future? Wondering if I need to keep my powder dry.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This!
6avesyve.jpg

From Leffot, I believe the Color 8 Shell on 2030. They sold out quick and would do another run if they got the shell from Horween.

I am hoping someone will try on a pair of 7.5 black shell service boots and decide they want something else...I'd probably take it off his hands.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

Pairate

Reaction score
While I may be confused, I recall reading (probably on this thread) that Viberg did not prefer to work with cordovan. What's the reasoning behind that?

Joona

Reaction score
While I may be confused, I recall reading (probably on this thread) that Viberg did not prefer to work with cordovan. What's the reasoning behind that?

Here is a quote from IH forum: https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=823.msg269630#msg269630

According to Snowy, this is a quote from Brett Viberg:
Overall it would add like 200$ to the retail. Our cost is around $100 per piece. So it's not really worth it as most people will never understand how much it costs and how difficult it is to work with.
And more importantly right now, shell Cordovan and horse butt leather(which your talking about) is almost impossible to get.
The hide market is in a huge slump for horses.
Horween can't get enough as the Chinese are buying them at a premium.
I've got cordovan on order for someone who placed order in January, and the leather won't be here till November.
Just isn't a sound way to do business and be profitable.
You can buy horse fronts for jackets no problem , but not the butts.

Last edited:

Scottystyles

Reaction score

This!
6avesyve.jpg

From Leffot, I believe the Color 8 Shell on 2030. They sold out quick and would do another run if they got the shell from Horween.

I am hoping someone will try on a pair of 7.5 black shell service boots and decide they want something else...I'd probably take it off his hands.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

Those are ******* gorgeous!! (Excuse my French!) want!! On the new 1035 or 2040!!!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's strange is they just did a navy shell boot just recently
What I gather is that they will do some limited amounts now and then, when they can get the shell, to whet our collective appetites. But it makes sense for them to only do small, infrequent runs. Supply is very slim and, as per the quote, there really isn't much profit, if any. Moreover, as I believe Fok mentioned, not all boots should be made in shell cordovan just because it is possible to make them in shell cordovan.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Shell cordovan has a tendency to tear while lasting, due to its relatively low tensile strength.

Chop Chop

Reaction score
Practically speaking they are pretty much identical. It might even be the exact same mould. We stocked Itshide before Dainite, so we've had both at the factory for a while now. The reason the most recent inventory has had Itshide is because we are waiting on a restock from Dainite. Honestly though they are totally interchangeable.

Do you think there's a common perception amongst the consumer that Dainite is preferable to Itshide?

I cannot decide between the black service plain toes and those colour 8 service cap toes. Both are straight up flames :smokin :NThat

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur