• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JVK1

Reaction score
Echoing that Smoke Grey Kudu Boondocker. Down for natural midsole with dainite sole or if we do double leather, I could definitely do black midsole - would be down for whatever the group decides so long as it gets put into production.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Derby Nut Service Boot coming later this week is on the 2040 and the new Boondocker will be on the 2045. In a month or so we'll have 3 roughout boots on the 2040: cinnamon, mocha, and white.

Any dates for French calf?

cold war painter

Reaction score

Echoing that Smoke Grey Kudu Boondocker.  Down for natural midsole with dainite sole or if we do double leather, I could definitely do black midsole - would be down for whatever the group decides so long as it gets put into production.

The use of the word "boondocker" makes me think this is roughout - I'd be interested in a grey roughout with dainite sole. (It constantly rains here so I have limited use for leather soles.)

flatspotting

Reaction score

So I was in Victoria for a week and even though I currently have a pair of White's on order, a 3rd visit to Viberg proved to be fatal.
These Service boots are built on a 2030 last and are a size UK 9.5 - one full size (at least) smaller than my North American size.
The top down pic is a pretty accurate depiction of the toe shape.

In black CXL with Dainite soles, these aren't anything out of the norm for denizens of this forum, but to me they are things of rare beauty.

Love those, I am just sitting waiting/hoping they come back with exactly that boot + a brogueing toe cap. I have been waiting about a year so far :(

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my waxed flesh 2040 lasted Vibergs. One of the most comfortable boots including Alden Trubalance Indys.

westie187

Reaction score
Those are sick! Cannot wait for the waxed flesh MTO!!

mtoc

Reaction score
I hate to bring this up again, but are people going with their Barrie/Trubalance for the 2030 last D or E width? Or does it make any difference? The 3sixteen website suggests going down a full size for normal or narrow widths for the 2030, but I don't think I've seen that discussed here. I'm liking the sound of this smoke gray Kudu boot, so I want to make sure I can make the best guess for my size

GooseG

Reaction score

I hate to bring this up again, but are people going with their Barrie/Trubalance for the 2030 last D or E width? Or does it make any difference? The 3sixteen website suggests going down a full size for normal or narrow widths for the 2030, but I don't think I've seen that discussed here. I'm liking the sound of this smoke gray Kudu boot, so I want to make sure I can make the best guess for my size

I'm a D width. I believe the few guys who answered me a couple days ago are also D.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I hate to bring this up again, but are people going with their Barrie/Trubalance for the 2030 last D or E width? Or does it make any difference? The 3sixteen website suggests going down a full size for normal or narrow widths for the 2030, but I don't think I've seen that discussed here. I'm liking the sound of this smoke gray Kudu boot, so I want to make sure I can make the best guess for my size
I compare 2030 in its standard width to the same size in Barrie, D width. Barrie is a bit wider in the front and heel. I wear dress socks or thin SmartWool socks with my Barrie-lasted boots, but I can comfortably wear thicker socks with the 2030.

TOJfirstimer

Reaction score
my waxed flesh 2040 lasted Vibergs. One of the most comfortable boots including Alden Trubalance Indys.

are those service boots? how do these compare to the MTO one?

waxed - check
brown - check
commando sole - check
unstructured toe - ? looks like it?

2040 last real close to 2045, are they similar?

noob love

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are sick! Cannot wait for the waxed flesh MTO!!

thanks, one of my favorite boots for sure. You will love waxed flesh. Insane patina.

are those service boots? how do these compare to the MTO one?

waxed - check
brown - check
commando sole - check
unstructured toe - ? looks like it?

2040 last real close to 2045, are they similar?

noob love

these are Country Derby boots with instructed toe box from Vibergs sample sale back in May.

From what I read and my conversation with Guy, 2040 is very similar to 2045. I'm US 9D on Brannock and wear size 8 in 2040 which is perfect. If I was going to 2045 I would take the same size (8).

For 2030, I'm going with 8.5 (my Barrie/TruBalance size) even though Guy suggested I should take the same size as 2040 :happy:

Last edited:

kicker245

Reaction score

Speaking of which, anyone have any patina on their Natural Essex Viberg's they'd like to show off?

I've had mine for about a month now and thought they'd darken more quickly but they are still pretty much the same color. Hopefully I'll have some good pics in a few months

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steel28 Boots look great. If they restock the country derby on the web site in brown I may have to buy. Trying to decide whether to put the same style of commando on my Alden # captoe or sell and buy the Viberg wax flesh.

Great looking boot and look forward to seeing how they age

enjoy.

DuckOB

cpress

Reaction score
What size shoe do you normally wear? I can tell you that I actually size down a full size from my Trubalance last (may even be slightly bigger than Barrie) and they fit great. I'm an 8 D in Trubalance, 7 in Viberg 2030. The issue is that the 2030 is a fairly narrow last, but also longer than some Barrie lasts. I chose my size after doing a tracing and sending it to Morgan at Viberg. I have other pairs of Vibergs in the 110 last--also size 7--which are wider but not quite as long as the 2030,and perhaps even closer to my "ideal" fit given the width of my right shoe being a little wider than my left.

From others here with larger shoe sizes, I'm getting a sense that you would not go down a full size. But doing a tracing is a great way to get an accurate size.

JVK1

Reaction score
The use of the word "boondocker" makes me think this is roughout - I'd be interested in a grey roughout with dainite sole. (It constantly rains here so I have limited use for leather soles.)

Yup, Smoke Kudu's roughout! More than on board with this!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus