• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

enojy

Reaction score
I hate shorts but now as a dad in my 40s want to not die in a pool of my own disgusting sweat in the NYC summer. Accepting shorts (sometimes) for me is another disastrous byproduct of global warming.

Approaching 40 myself, still sticking to my stubborn ways of full weight denim in the hot & humid tropical summer... I don't know how many years I've got left in me!

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Wow, some great boots to be seen here. Here is my current boots line up after 2 years got into this hobby.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg for Himel Bros. Ammunition Boot

Ammunition_Boot_Single_Showing_Tag_Web_2048x.jpg
Ammunition_Boot_Single_Side_Web_2048x.jpg
Ammunition_Boots_Back_Web_2048x.jpg
Ammunition_Boots_Front_Web_2048x.jpg
Ammunition_Boots_Front_With_Laces_Web_2048x.jpg
Ammunition_Boots_Showing_Sole_Web_2048x.jpg
Ammunition_Boots_Side_Web_2048x.jpg

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg for Himel Bros. Ammunition Boot

View attachment 1210010 View attachment 1210011 View attachment 1210012 View attachment 1210013 View attachment 1210014 View attachment 1210015 View attachment 1210016

Love the boots but hard to wrap my head around the ever increasing prices. I do feel that Viberg is in for a rude awakening soon ... inventory will get harder to move in near future. Shell makeups are taking longer to sell out and so are other makeups... every time I blink, the price moves 5% or so .. my salary does not creep up that quickly. Not sure if others feel the same but I just had to express this ;-)

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the boots but hard to wrap my head around the ever increasing prices. I do feel that Viberg is in for a rude awakening soon ... inventory will get harder to move in near future. Shell makeups are taking longer to sell out and so are other makeups... every time I blink, the price moves 5% or so .. my salary does not creep up that quickly. Not sure if others feel the same but I just had to express this ;-)
I really like those boots too(lthough I didnt buy) and for a makeup like that or the engineers they did last year, I would pay up. The Shell premium is def out of control and I suspect you are right, it won't last. With out getting too in the weeds of manufacturing, they have a well paid labor force which sees annual salary increases no matter what and the cost of materials keeps going up so the price creep is inevitable. I agree wages in general are not growing at their rate of inc cost particularly since many of their materials are purchased abroad against a weaker looney.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like those boots too(lthough I didnt buy) and for a makeup like that or the engineers they did last year, I would pay up. The Shell premium is def out of control and I suspect you are right, it won't last. With out getting too in the weeds of manufacturing, they have a well paid labor force which sees annual salary increases no matter what and the cost of materials keeps going up so the price creep is inevitable. I agree wages in general are not growing at their rate of inc cost particularly since many of their materials are purchased abroad against a weaker looney.

+1, +1

I agree that they’re pushing the limits of price for their quality. No leather clickers and sometimes inconsistent stitching and pattern making. They do use good materials in their shoes though.

One thing that sets them apart for me is the patterns, solid feeling and the heavy wear as I’m not that into other heritage brands. I’m sure Whites, Wesco, and others have the durability I want just not the fashion.

Also... these are luxury items and not critical (just heavily desired) items for my everyday life - which is what I tell myself. But *I* definitely need them :)

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$795!

And for an extra $42 you can grab a t-shirt and advertise the collab on your chest. Sweet!

Sorry to sound negative. I love and wear Viberg and understand the good points made above about the inevitable rise in manufacturing costs. But it's getting silly.

Love the mushroom chamois above. Looks great with denim.

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$795!

And for an extra $42 you can grab a t-shirt and advertise the collab on your chest. Sweet!

Sorry to sound negative. I love and wear Viberg and understand the good points made above about the inevitable rise in manufacturing costs. But it's getting silly.

Love the mushroom chamois above. Looks great with denim.
The leather they used was more expensive I believe, and it is a new unique pattern. That's worth $30 bump to me. The crust horse butt on the engineers is next level.

The t shirt, I agree, but not everything comes down input costs. Prada sells white t shirts for $300 lol

I will say once you get North of $1000 you are entering last adjustment full MTM territory(better fit and choice of leather), and 2 shell boots gets a bespoke pair from a highly regarded bespoke maker or two or four.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The leather they used was more expensive I believe, and it is a new unique pattern. That's worth $30 bump to me. The crust horse butt on the engineers is next level.

The t shirt, I agree, but not everything comes down input costs. Prada sells white t shirts for $300 lol

I will say once you get North of $1000 you are entering last adjustment full MTM territory(better fit and choice of leather), and 2 shell boots gets a bespoke pair from a highly regarded bespoke maker or two or four.

Agreed.

Even at 800 USD, there is a sea of possibilities .. including EG or GG at seasonal discounts and a host of CJ makeups .. all my CJ shell makeups are at this price point. I very well understand the need to pay your work force and experiment with materials but with most of their non-shell makeups suffering a 50% depreciation in preowned market, I would say that if spending 800, I would wait, and get shell.

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is normal to see 50%+ depreciation on used footwear, I expect this. Back in the dark ages before the internet (EBay) used shoes were pretty much worthless.Its really only "rare" shell specifically from Alden that behaves in a way that is almost mind bending. I've sold plenty of new pairs of Vibergs for a lot less than I paid, just the nature of supply and demand. I think at the moment $1k would be my max spend on Viberg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads