• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Velasca Shoes

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3707.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG

h3ro

Reaction score
@colHolm Did you go TTS with your orders? Specifically, how did you feel the loafer fit in relation to loafers of other brands?

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@colHolm Did you go TTS with your orders? Specifically, how did you feel the loafer fit in relation to loafers of other brands?

I went with my usual size, per the suggestions on the website. For the loafer, I find the heel roomy. Would suggest probably a half size down (in my case a 42.5 instead of 43). The fit through the rest of the shoe is fine.

Oxfords fit really well. Roomy toe box, but that's more the shape than a fit issue. Doesn't bother me at all.

CaptainTohm

Reaction score
Don't have any pics yet (I'll try to grab some this week), but I thought I'd go ahead and share my thoughts on my Velasca loafers.

I've worn these loafers HARD. Borderline-abuse hard. I've worn them just about every-other-day since they arrived, and I've been happy with the construction, and VERY happy with the fit (I have high arches) and the quality of the suede.

They survived an art fair where I walked several miles, was rained on, and had a stir fry vendor carelessly drip grease alllllll over my shoes (I foolishly hadn't applied a suede protector yet, but thankfully everything came out with a suede eraser, elbow grease, and patience). I'm not sure if I buy that the suede is "waterproof," but it certainly bounced back from everything I've thrown at it so far, stain-free.

Comparing directly to my Meermin and Jack Erwin shoes:
- The best fit I've gotten from a loafer so far with my high arches, but obviously this will vary person-to-person

- The best suede quality I've seen at this price range (I own suede shoes from both Meermin and Jack Erwin). Obviously not on par with my suede Carminas, but that's not a fair comparison.

- Construction in pretty much what I expect at this price range, but I also didn't have any annoying leftover glue on the inside of these shoes, like I did with a pair of Meermins. Stitching looks good, and the shoes feel like they can take a beating.

- The break in process was 10000000x better than with my Meermins. These were wearable for a full work day right out of the box, and after two or three days became 100% wearable for any duration of time. These are probably my most comfortable shoes now -- although part of that is due to dialing in my size and knowing what types of lasts work for me through trial and error.

I was pretty skeptical about the Velasca brand initially, but I have to say they've replaced Meermin as my lower-priced shoe brand -- especially because they offer free returns and I'm a difficult fit.

Hopefully that helps some people who have questions about Velasca!

Kochegar

Reaction score
I can say that grain leather oxfords feels on par with Loake 1880 in leather quality, derbys leather is softer and thicker than Loake 1880 Kempton, but not so good as on my Trickers))) Leather is good for 200$ to my mind.
Asked @geroi63 in Instagram about Velasca vs Meermin , he owns both. He said Velasa has softer calf than Meermin. Anyway looks like they are close.
Things that I like in Velasca contrary to Meermin:
1) Made 100% in Italy, materials from leather to soles sourced in Italy. Guys seem passionate about "made in Italy" and want to support small italian shoemakers in Montegranaro. Meermin is chinese-produced.
2) Wider lasts of Velasca fits better normal and wide feet. Velasca looks more casual and relaxed, Meermin is too conservative and little bit pointy (IMHO)
3) Website has much better design (IMHO), beautiful photos and lively Insta/Facebook.
But anyway Velasca and Meermin are very close to my mind.

jjoshua

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with their boots (Ganassa or Fruttiroeu)? Wondering how it would compare to something from Allen Edmonds like Higgins Mill.

Kochegar

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with their boots (Ganassa or Fruttiroeu)? Wondering how it would compare to something from Allen Edmonds like Higgins Mill.
Do not have any boots from Velasca. Boots are build on the same "wide" last as derbies. For narrow feet I suggest 0.5 size down normal Loake size (Capital/026). For wide feet - take your normal size. Have no idea about Allen Edmonds. Once again, boots fit wide.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads