• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VASS and Epaulet MTO & Group Buy Thread

rc121

Reaction score

Does Vass offer an H-width (extra-wide) in all last or only some?

it would be best to ask rezso, but I get the feeling its only some lasts. When I asked, his words were "we can even do an H width in some cases." I didn't request info on everything they could do in an H width, just the F last OEII and he said they could do it.

I would just email him with a few last/model combinations you are interested in and ask him if they can do it in an H width.

ElementHU

Reaction score
Here's a makeup I saw on eBay that really intrigued me. This is on the K-last with the upper section in bordeaux calf and the toe cap and heel section made in red cognac calf. I even wonder how Oxblood would look in the bordeaux calf's stead. Heck, I'd be open to doing the whole boot in either bordeaux, red cognac or oxblood.

Any interest?

ElementHU

Reaction score
I'm open to suggestions on the last....I just really like the make-up of the boot and wanted to throw this suggestion out there along with the others.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What exactly is Goyser stitching? I mean I can see from the pictures, but what is the attraction to it?

triple norwegian stitching across the whole welt. extremely intricate and detailed stitching to bring the uppers and the sole together. For someone who wears a shoe that has triple norwegian stitching, it is extremely comfortable. break in period does not even exist.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Goyser welt is the precise reason for me to get Vass. It is a distinctly Hungarian detail and is more interesting than the stormwelt. Dinkelacker is another option, but I think the Vass version is more refined.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a durability or practical reason for it?

And is goyser the default stitching?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Acquired taste, aesthetically, though.

I was actually quite drawn to it the first time I saw it and think it looks great on most of the designs, particularly the boots and alt wiens I have seen posted here. Yet I do not love it with that LWB. I find it looks out of place there -- maybe it is just my own particular taste, but American Classic meets Hungarian Traditional on the LWB does not appeal to me as a good mixing of cultures in a shoe.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually quite drawn to it the first time I saw it

Is that because your name is budapest12?
wink.gif

I've never seen the Goyser stitch in person, and am looking forward to the fall stock makeups so I can see for myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads