1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

VASS and Epaulet MTO & Group Buy Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Epaulet, Aug 31, 2013.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

For people's reference//ideas:

Below is the Antique Cognac calf, Oxford-budapest model.
    [​IMG]

Below is the cognac calf, Alt Wien model.
    [​IMG]

F-Last from above to see shaping/tapering.
    [​IMG]

2. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

No, and no. Budapest and Peter are considerably slimmer than the 3636. The widest medium-width fitting lasts are: 3636, P2 and Banana (if they still make it). Many members go up .5 size on the Budapest, and sometimes the Peter.

Vass does make wide widths.

3. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

this thread has been too quiet lately...any consensus on a museum calf MTO? my preference would be golden museum calf and either a double monk or a cap toe bal (as posted earlier by RogerP) w/ double leather sole.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm still holding out for the cognac shell dub monk

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Have any group MTOs been set for the upcoming trunk show?

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Hey guys!

Our apologies for being AWOL over the last week - we've had our hands full with Fall merchandise rolling in. But we're all set now to get everything sewn away for this first round of group makeups. And there's a lot going on!

1) Our initial Fall 13 delivery will be here and online in the next 2-3 days.

2) We're running an MTO event for Vass shoes this coming weekend. We're going to have samples, leather swatches, and a VASS representative at our Manhattan store all day Friday Oct 11th and Saturday Oct 12th. We'll be ready to take your orders for individual MTO's in person and over the phone. We'll have images of the samples and leathers for anyone ordering over the phone

3) As a special event promotion, we're offering 15% off any products at the store when you purchase a Vass shoe from us between now and October 12th. So, if you buy a stock shoe, a personal MTO, or a group buy style, you'll get 15% off anything else that you order along with it with two exceptions: other Vass Stock Shoes/MTO's and Carmina MTO's (although Carmina stock shoes would qualify).

4) So with that, we better get some group buys going :). Matt and I will comb through and put the items that you're looking for online in the next 2 days, and we'll be able to submit them as a block with all of the individual orders that we take in store. It's going to be great!

7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ Looking forward to seeing what you get in for the fall delivery.

8. Alan K C

Alan K C Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing.

9. Beatlegeuse

Yeah I'm hoping they announce the offerings soon. I'd like to know before Friday so I can plan for a purchase.

10. Epaulet

We're building it out tomorrow online, but I've got a pic for now :)

[​IMG]

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^^ Yeah baby!

12. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

These are size 44.5D in 3636 last. I'm typically a 10.5EEE in the AE 5 last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would say the 3636 may very possibly work for you.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  13. rc121

rc121 Senior member

hmmm, but wouldn't a 44.5 correspond to an 11.5 and not a 10.5? Or are you saying you hade to size up?

14. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Haha, I agonized over this issue for a long time before ordering. The elusive size issue.

All I can say is that I do not understand the Vass sizing conversion, but certainly do not believe it to be "standard" (i.e. 44.5 = 11.5). To cite a few examples from the boards here: One guy typically wears a 12D and wears a 45.5-46D in Vass, and another who wears an 11E and wears a 45 in Vass. All I can say is the 44.5 seems to fit me pretty well, in a perfect world I might be a 44E, but it does not appear to be a huge deal. I have tried on Allen Edmonds locally in a size 11.5 and found them to be much to big (i.e. heel slip), but do not have the same issue with my Vass.

This thread might be helpful: http://www.styleforum.net/t/43405/vass-shoe-sizing

If you are debating ordering from them, Mr. Kuti is extremely helpful. I sent him my foot tracings and measurements and he recommended a size to try. I was sent a size 45, which was too big, but he graciously took back the shoes and had another pair made for me in a size 44.5, which fit much better.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  15. Beatlegeuse

Just wanted to repost this again, to make sure I have a good idea on sizing before the group MTOs are available this weekend. What would be my best bet for the double monk on the F last? I was thinking one width up from my Barrie size(12B), so that would be a 12C. What would be the equivalent of that in Vass sizing?

16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Any group makeups available?

17. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

In case you guys haven't seen what dropped today, juust wanted to toss them up in here!

[​IMG]
    Vass for Epaulet Medallion Captoe High Boot - 3636 Last - Dark Cognac Calf $1295

[​IMG]
    Vass for Epaulet Theresianer Captoe - New Peter Last - Cognac Scotchgrain $865

[​IMG]
    Vass for Epaulet Alt Wien Captoe - 3636 Last - Antique Cognac Calf $865

[​IMG]
    Vass for Epaulet Double Monk - F Last - Oxblood Calf $865

Also, as a reminder for anyone who could have missed it:

[​IMG]

The event will be held at our Manhattan store on Friday October 11th and Saturday October 12th. We'll have our Fall shoe delivery by that time and a selection of samples, so you'll be able to see a range of lasts and sizes. Leather and suede swatches will be on hand as well. Our staff and a VASS representative will be there to guide you into the perfect pair.

And as a special incentive, if you purchase a pair of VASS MTO shoes during this event, you may take 15% off any other items bought at the same time (which includes sale merchandise but does not include special order/made to order merchandise). If you cannot make it to our store, then no worries, we can take your order over the phone and the discount on any other merchandise purchased will still apply.

We hope to see you there!

VASS Made To Order Event
    Epaulet Manhattan: 144 Orchard Street, NY, NY 10002

Friday October 11th, 12:30PM to 7:30PM
    Saturday October 12th, 12:30PM to 7:30PM

18. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

Please have Mike check PM re: an MTO we've been discussing

19. Epaulet

Gotcha, wrote you back. We can certainly hook that up for you!

We'll get our first group buys rolling tomorrow. It's confirmed that museum calf is going to return, so we can offer those makeups in both Gold (the medium brown) and Dark Brown. Here's leather swatches for the two of them. I can also do a six-unit run in Antique Cognac Cordovan - although shoes only, not boots.

Museum Calf Gold
    [​IMG]

Museum Calf Brown
    [​IMG]

We've got a bunch of guys interested in the Gold Museum Calf F-Last Double Monk, so I'm thinking that we should go ahead with that for style number one. We're totally open for the second shape, and there's been a lot of great ideas bounced around.

20. laufer

laufer Senior member

How about austerity balmoral boot in dark brown museum calf?