• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
harrison's t559
a shot lining
one side dark green
one side dark blue
it will give a nice depth of colour

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Still not a lot of love for tan though, huh? Hmm.

T4, what's Harrison's t559? A shot silk that had blue warp and green weft would be nice. But if you mean blue on the right and green on the left, for example, I think that would be to Joker-esque for me.

Edit: Switched "no love" for "not a lot of love." I had missed that forex had said tan was his second choice.

Last edited:

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

it is more like warp and weft of a different hue
so one side is predominantly one colour
and the other side, the other colour

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the color green I had in mind from a jacket I own.

The tan is too light IMO. Do they have a darker one? How about a brown or copper brown color?

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks for bearing w/ me, guys. T4, I think I now understand what you mean: One fabric, but when viewed from the right it's one color, and when viewed from the left it's another. Is that it?

PSG, NOBD, etc., Chan says that's their darkest green. And while they do have a darker blue, it's midnight blue.

I may pull a Foo here and still get the tan. But that may be a mistake. As mentioned above, I have been turned on to the contrast linings a bit. Here are my other coats from Chan w/ their linings:

]
Decisions, Decisions.

Last edited:

Boswell

Reaction score
Very nice.

By the way, it's AKA, or A.K.A., not A/K/A. I don't know where you got the idea that you can use a slash instead of a period.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Decisions, Decisions.

The tan would be tough to pull off for the long term. I feel like it would feel too "trendy" after you wear it a year or two. I'd seriously consider a chocolate brown or russet color. Makes for a nice contrast while complimenting the earthiness of the green.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent arrivals from the London Lounge: one Shetland tweed jacketing, with a lovely milk chocolate overcheck, and an RAF blue/grey PoW Brisa, which is a Fresco-style high twist cloth, but a little heavier. Colours closer to life in the first picture.

P9250007.jpg

P9250004.jpg

These cloths look and feel outstanding, and I'm looking forward to having them made up. Not cheap, though, but worth it for these designs.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Recent arrivals from the London Lounge: one Shetland tweed jacketing, with a lovely milk chocolate overcheck, and an RAF blue/grey PoW Brisa, which is a Fresco-style high twist cloth, but a little heavier. Colours closer to life in the first picture.

P9250007.jpg

P9250004.jpg

These cloths look and feel outstanding, and I'm looking forward to having them made up. Not cheap, though, but worth it for these designs.

Nice looking cloths. I have hesitated to pull the trigger on LL in the past because of price, but not that my commissions have to slow down, I think I may end up splurging for one of their cloths.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely stuff! I grabbed the corn shetland herringbone and the blue with chocolate overcheck as well. I would have grabbed the Brisa if I wore suits more than once a month these days. It was a strong offering from LL all around. I had the corn shetland made up and should be arriving this week. Can't wait!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice looking cloths. I have hesitated to pull the trigger on LL in the past because of price, but not that my commissions have to slow down, I think I may end up splurging for one of their cloths.

They are expensive, but worth it at the end of the day when you see one that really strikes you as they are one of a kind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads