• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That would make a good towel for the SF meet up.

Last edited:

orlagu

Reaction score

I'm having a suit made likely in one of these 3 POWs from Huddersfield/Yorkshire, all about 13.5 oz.
Preferences anyone? thx

While I'm agreed with the general consensus that #2 would be the top choice, is #3 (red window pane) really that bad? I ask because I want a 3-piece SB suit in PoW checks, and right now the seller has only a (light weight) fabric which is a dead ringer of #3. Thanks guys.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few things I picked up at Britex in SF. Top is a wool cashere blend, can't remember the name on the selvedge, great hand. From top to bottom in the second pic, green/grey twill for trousers, wool/alpaca houndstooth for a jacket, and the suiting.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few photos of my just -arrived-yesterday London Lounge Corn Shetland tweed herringbone coat. It was made in a 3 roll 2.5 with hip patch pockets, 3 horn buttons on the sleeves, natural/shirtsleeve shoulder and chocolate brown Ermazine quarter lining. This really is a fantastic fabric and my wife mentioned that this was her favorite thing I've purchased in the past year. Tough to beat that! It worked well while strolling the grounds of Blue Hill Stone Barns on this cloudy Fall morning. As you can see, I had a 9 month old accessory for the day.

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here are a few photos of my just -arrived-yesterday London Lounge Corn Shetland tweed herringbone coat. It was made in a 3 roll 2.5 with hip patch pockets, 3 horn buttons on the sleeves, natural/shirtsleeve shoulder and chocolate brown Ermazine quarter lining. This really is a fantastic fabric and my wife mentioned that this was her favorite thing I've purchased in the past year. Tough to beat that! It worked well while strolling the grounds of Blue Hill Stone Barns on this cloudy Fall morning. As you can see, I had a 9 month old accessory for the day.
IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

Lovely accessory...

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful coat and even more beautiful child. Congrats on both!

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's an absolutely lovely coat and a great fabric. Peter's work? I also dig your arm decoration, but I do feel we need to talk about junior's tie knot. For starters, it needs to be at the front. :tounge:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yes, it was made by Peter Lee who did a very good job at having virtually no padding giving it great freedom of movement. Very comfortable and the fabric is fantastic. When the LL fabrics are on they are tough to beat.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
you are worse than me, hahaha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads