• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About 87% Andre 3000 was on my flight back to the U.S. the other day. Dude looked exactly like him but... he was flying coach.

I was looking at him at immigration trying to think of something to say then finally was like "You know who you look like?"
"No, who?"
"Andre 3000."
"I knew you was going to say that. I thought I knew you or something."

And then I went on in the line.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About 87% Andre 3000 was on my flight back to the U.S. the other day. Dude looked exactly like him but... he was flying coach.

I was looking at him at immigration trying to think of something to say then finally was like "You know who you look like?"
"No, who?"
"Andre 3000."
"I knew you was going to say that. I thought I knew you or something."

And then I went on in the line.

I was in line behind Russel "Run (DMC)" Simmons at Whole Foods in Austin during SXSW. I pointed to his shoes and said "My Adidas". The guy who wasn't him laughed.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bit of a celeb fest at a party last night.

Tony Bennet (cool cat), Anna Wintour (perfect), Harvey Weinstein, Barbara Walters (ferried through by a gaggle of tiny old society women), Padme Lakshmi (that good looking), Oliver Platt (sweaty), George Stephanopolous, Ali Wentworth, Judah Friedlander (who dresses like that), Kelly Ripa (tiny), Michael Strahan (huge), Bill O'reilly, Piers Morgan, Katie Couric, Coco Rocha. Probably others I didn't see.

Turned around and the leftette was sitting with Liza Minnelli and exchanging cards with her walker.

lefty

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tony Bennet (cool cat), Anna Wintour (perfect), Harvey Weinstein, Barbara Walters (ferried through by a gaggle of tiny old society women), Padme Lakshmi (that good looking), Oliver Platt (sweaty), George Stephanopolous, Ali Wentworth, Judah Friedlander (who dresses like that), Kelly Ripa (tiny), Michael Strahan (huge), Bill O'reilly, Piers Morgan, Katie Couric, Coco Rocha. Probably others I didn't see.

Turned around and the leftette was sitting with Liza Minnelli and exchanging cards with her walker.

lefty

Erm...not exactly sure how to interpret this one.

The above exchange makes me laugh.

In the early 1970s I worked for Roy Cohn. Barbara Walters was his "Walkerette"

Lefty will know what I mean LOL Back then BahWah was a pretty woman. How has she held up given her age?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lefty

Sigh, it was just another boring night in the life of lefty. :)

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Erm...not exactly sure how to interpret this one.

Liza Minnelli's walker ... you do the math.
In the early 1970s I worked for Roy Cohn. Barbara Walters was his "Walkerette"

Lefty will know what I mean LOL Back then BahWah was a pretty woman. How has she held up given her age?

For 140 she looks pretty good. What was funny was that her gaggle parted the crowd like a conga line - one in front, Babs, two in behind as they snaked their way through blocking everyone from accosted her.
Sigh, it was just another boring night in the life of lefty.
smile.gif

15 minutes after leaving (and asking Judah Friedlander if he shopped at the Judah Friedlander store) I hopped from the curb to a wet grate and took a full-on ass plant. The gods have a sense of humour.

Oh, I forgot Rik Ocasek and Paulina P. She still looks amazing.

lefty

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is this? (Besides Barim's estranged father) Sat beside him and an attractive black girl who was presumably his daughter at Mission Chinese in NYC the other day.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who is this? (Besides Barim's estranged father) Sat beside him and an attractive black girl who was presumably his daughter at Mission Chinese in NYC the other day.

No pictures of the girl?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know Idi Amin had a daughter.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So my nine-year-old nephew calls me up yesterday to say, "Remember when you showed me Planet of the Apes? And there was the ape named Julius who said, 'human see, human do' in the zoo? Well there's an old guy who picks up my friend after school and that's the guy! He's my friend's grandfather! His name is Buck Kartalian and he's going to call you for your birthday!"

Kinda gave away the surprise there, but he's only nine.

For pB: http://www.buckkartalian.com/

lefty

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members