• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Commencement address by Steve Jobs

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Steve who?

smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yeah, I liked that speech. Would've been cooler if he said something about stealing from Xerox, but oh well.
So true
laugh.gif
. I've seen an interview with Xerox where they say "Apple did the right thing for their position. I dont blame them," and then later Steve Jobs says, "Microsoft was in the right position to take the graphic interface OS. It was the right business decision."

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that wasn't much of a speech. I found nothing particularly inspiring nor creative about it, for a man who built himself on being a rogue. If the man giving that speech wasn't called Steve Jobs it wouldn't be of any interest at all.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I'm sorry, but that wasn't much of a speech. I found nothing particularly inspiring nor creative about it, for a man who built himself on being a rogue. If the man giving that speech wasn't called Steve Jobs it wouldn't be of any interest at all.

I've got to go with Violinist. Also, he seemed to be implying that as long as you are doing what you love, fate will work things out for you. Easy for him to say.

Bonaparte

Reaction score
I, too, was there, and was not impressed by the speech.

He wasn't too excited about giving it, either.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd be careful who you let hear your criticism of Steve Jobs.

THEY ARE ALL AROUND YOU!

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was an excellent speach.

the way this world works is that old people will always give young people the best advice they can, and it always go over young people's heads. it shouldn't have to be that way.
crazy.gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It compared favourably to the worst commencement address I've ever heard: George Mitchell at MIT. Makes me wonder whether his latest gig as steroid sniffer is designed so he can bore reporters to sleep past their deadlines.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
It compared favourably to the worst commencement address I've ever heard: George Mitchell at MIT. Makes me wonder whether his latest gig as steroid sniffer is designed so he can bore reporters to sleep past their deadlines.
Bill Cosby at Princeton. Just...wow. Don't leave ornery old men sitting in the sun for three hours, and then expect them to be personable and funny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads