• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Jonny Cooper

Reaction score
Hi Matt.

I think I may have messed up that last reply.
My Android phone doesn't make it easy for me on here for some reason.

Seeing as you put it like you did in your last post, 40quid has been laid to one side!

I did look at the Magano Brown cordovan sample in Shoehealer on Saturday & they should be a fine looking pair of boots.

Here's hoping.

Jonny.

Jonny Cooper

Reaction score
One thing that initially put me off the Iris Cordovan Eatons was the Commando sole.

As I think the boot is very smart I can't help but think the black commando sole, in my humble opinion only, looks a tad industrial for want of a better word.

This may not appeal to everyone but after a side by side comparison with a shoe on a double leather sole in a natural finish I have emailed Richard at Shoehealer (which interestingly comes up as Shoemaker on my predictive text) & he is going to modify them with a double leather sole for me.

I love the contrast between the Iris colour & the natural colour of the Barbour welt & think that the sole in a similar shade will further enhance the look along with the tan laces.

I will take some photos of before & after to see the difference & hopefully will be posting them soon.

£80 in the Magano fund too Matt!!.

Jonny.

wombus

Reaction score
One thing that initially put me off the Iris Cordovan Eatons was the Commando sole.

As I think the boot is very smart I can't help but think the black commando sole, in my humble opinion only, looks a tad industrial for want of a better word.

This may not appeal to everyone but after a side by side comparison with a shoe on a double leather sole in a natural finish I have emailed Richard at Shoehealer (which interestingly comes up as Shoemaker on my predictive text) & he is going to modify them with a double leather sole for me.

I love the contrast between the Iris colour & the natural colour of the Barbour welt & think that the sole in a similar shade will further enhance the look along with the tan laces.

I will take some photos of before & after to see the difference & hopefully will be posting them soon.

£80 in the Magano fund too Matt!!.

Jonny.

Awesome!

I'm not sure I agree with going to the leather sole, but I agree the commando is quite an industrial sole - I think dainite is a good compromise. The problem with leather is if you get it wet, and that can just happen if the sidewalk is damp and you wear them.

search64

Reaction score
I'm interested in a black Minster with a natural double leather sole. So like this Bourton, but in a half brogue, and no dainite sole:

Any takers? Maybe in a pebbled leather...

rkusmant

Reaction score
4D949F5C-FC4E-4469-99D8-D245237EF4B2-17097-0000130BF2C96A0E_zps48fd1682.jpg

MTO from Shoehealer is ready....

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Anyone interested in an iris cordovan Eaton w/ no medallion similar to the navy one a few posts up?

Something like this with no medallion:

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Spoke with Richard at SH and he likes my idea for a group MTO and is willing to take 2 pairs himself.

Meaning I need to get 4 more, so with me we only need 3 more. Price quoted was 412.50 GBP excluding Vat and he pays shipping (wasn't clear if this was just from factory to him or him to us).

This is the mock up I proposed:

Tricker's Eaton Model (w/ no medallion on toe)
Iris Cordovan Leather
Silver Eyeletts
Red Lining
Red pull loop
Red dainite sole
Natural Welt
Fashion Yellow Laces

4497 Last

Was also informed priced across the board for stock and MTO are going up effective August 1st, so let's get on this order. $631 or so Iris Shell Cordovan Boots!!

PM Me to get added!

Think Something Like This, but with silver eyeletts. (sorry about the photo edit job):

Last edited:

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Spoke with Richard at SH and he likes my idea for a group MTO and is willing to take 2 pairs himself.

Meaning I need to get 4 more, so with me we only need 3 more. Price quoted was 412.50 GBP excluding Vat and he pays shipping (wasn't clear if this was just from factory to him or him to us).

This is the mock up I proposed:

Tricker's Eaton Model (w/ no medallion on toe)
Iris Cordovan Leather
Silver Eyeletts
Red Lining
Red pull loop
Red dainite sole
Natural Welt
Fashion Yellow Laces

4497 Last

Was also informed priced across the board for stock and MTO are going up effective August 1st, so let's get on this order. $631 or so Iris Shell Cordovan Boots!!

PM Me to get added!

Think Something Like This, but with silver eyeletts. (sorry about the photo edit job):

We only need 1 more for this boot make up. Gonna be killer! I know there is one more person out there wanting this. Let's get on it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Quote:
Iris Cordovan Leather
Silver Eyeletts
Red Lining
Red pull loop
Red dainite sole
Natural Welt
Fashion Yellow Laces

4497 Last

PM Me to get added!

Spoke with Richard again. We are looking at only a week or so before Massive price increases!

Only 1 more is needed. Come on - I know someone out there wants a kick ass Iris Cordovan Boot!

For $650 shipped you will not find a cheaper cordovan boot from anyone!

Lee

Reaction score
I have been putting together an MTO order with Trickers and have been at a cross roads for some time with what 'Last' to use on my shoes; 81 or 4444.

I have read and read and read forums about it the topic, which still haven't cleared it up for me.

Unfortunately Trickers Jermyn St. store don't carry any shoes on an 81 Last as it's something only the factory do. The guys in the Tricker store didn't even know Trickers used an 81 Last "that's a Church's last isn't it?" one remarked.

Richard at shoehealer.co.uk knows his stuff and recommended the '81 Last' for the Golosh Brogue, which I preferred the sound of (sleeker in the toes), nicer silhouette.

Anyway, I emailed the factory who sent me the pictures below. You will see a 4444 Last and an 81 Last.

Hope this helps anyone out there in the same boat as I was.

jfoonly

Reaction score
Selfish bump of this possible MTO. I'm up for it, I love captoe boots, and this has a nice bal-ish note with the side seam, with a great overall make-up for the coming seasons. Please PM rydenfan and let's get this ordered. (And thanks Lee for the last pix)
I wanted to repost this makeup as we are 1 order away from making it happen. I know there is at least one other person out there who wants this boot Allan boot in Teck cordovan
Red lining & red pull tab
Brass eyelets
Mid Brown binding along the edge of the facings
Natural Barbour welt
Red Dainite sole

Here is a pic of the Allan boot

My thinking is that the red accents of the pull tab and sole would look quite nice as it would bring out some of the red tones of the cordovan. All payments would be made directly to Richard and I would not be involved in any way. Total price would be right around $650 including delivery. It would be like $150 deposit and then balance in 10-12 weeks when they are ready. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested. There is a price increase coming August 1st, but Richard has agreed to hold the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads