1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

I was on the same MTO order and mine are doing the exact same thing. I'm hoping it will sort itself out as they break in, but I too am a little concerned (and disappointed). Maybe it is happening because it is a thinner leather and the last is so full that there is just too much empty space? I imagine adding a thin insole could help, but I don't think there is enough room in mine for that.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

Thanks for your responses, I am glad that thin leather is normal in Acorn boots. I have emailed Richard at SH, he has been kind enough to fwd my concerns to Tricker's, at this point I am awaiting their response. I will recommend to email Richard as well with pics.

3. Baldrick

Besides that excess ripple, everything else is fine, I am taking quite a bit of liking to these boots, even with imperfections. Little bit of rippling is ok, but I find it a bit too pronounced on mine, even with the extra width of 4444, leather should shape up to contours of the last not as rippled.

Others havent noticed it, so looks like just you and I are affected. Do post some pics.

4. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

Gents,

We are nearly there. Two more, please, and this one is happening.

Come on .... you know that you want to!

Best,
    MM

5. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

Sorry, the specification was lost on the last post ... it is:

Burford Boot on 4497s last, Fitting 5.
    Gaucho Repello Suede.
    Mushroom Binding.
    Natural Barbour Welt.
    Brown Dainite Sole.
    Vintage Green Calf Lining.
    Brown Pull Loops.
    Four Brass Eyelets, Three Brass Ski-Hooks.
    Leather Laces.

Here is a picture of one in a different colour:

[​IMG]

and a Stow in Gaucho:

[​IMG]

Mix the two together in your head and you should have a fairly good idea of how it will look.

Best,
    MM
    giving a fairly good idea of how it should look:

6. Carson

Carson Senior member

I just joined the group and this is my first posting. I've been emailing back and forth with Richard @ The Shoe Healer about doing an MTO for a cotto cordovan Allan boot. I was originally going to just do the MTO solo, but Richard thought the boot was stunning and said he'd take two if I could get a group buy going here. We just need three more people.

Here's the specs:

Model, 'Allan'
    Last, 4497s, fitting 5.
    Colour, Cotto Cordovan.
    Binding, Black Binding.
    Lining, Black Calf Lining.
    Eyelets, Black Eyelets.
    Laces, Black Waxed Cord Laces.
    Barbour Welt in Black Finish.
    Sole, Dainite Sole in Black.

The background for this MTO is that I bought a pair pretty much like this on EBAY back in early January, and was really excited to get them. When they arrived, on close inspection though, there were serious differences in the right and left boot that were disturbing. The left boot, on the lateral side, was significantly faded and almost dry-ish, as if it had been a display shoe catching UV light for a time (hard to imagine as that is). The back spine was dry and rough - almost cracked - which was also unexpected. On the same lateral side, the inner liner had separated from the outer cordovan shell. I noticed in the photos, the seller used the right shoe for the lateral photos and the back spine photos were blurry enough not to see the detail. The seller then refused to answer any of my questions about their condition, so I sent them back and thankfully got a refund; but I was very disappointed, and was resolved to get a pair anyhow.

If interested, email Richard at: info@shoehealer.co.uk re: MTO Allan in Cotto Cordovan

Photo examples to follow!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  7. Carson

Carson Senior member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  8. prurient

prurient Senior member

Great MTO. I have them in lollipop cavalier and they've become my favorite shoe.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

how much are they going to be? thanks

10. Carson

Carson Senior member

Richard will have a price quote for me today which I will update

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  11. Carson

Carson Senior member

Very nice on the lollipop cavaliers!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  12. Baldrick

I have had my heart on burgundy scotch grain MTO posted earlier, but I am definitely interested in cotto cord too At this point I am on fence, but may I suggest natural welt with dainite sole, have a look at this http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3523 and imagine it with cotto cord shell [​IMG]
    This appears to be on 2298 last based on http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3150
    It will also look killer on Burford too with natural welt, some pics from SFer http://www.styleforum.net/t/198359/offical-trickers-shoes-and-boots-thread/3945 with cotto cordovan ptb

I have definitely my eyes on this mto, hopefully this one gets made.

1 person likes this.
  13. Carson

Carson Senior member

Yes, the natural welt *does* look great in that it seems to contrast the cotto cordovan nicely. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that. I'd imagine Richard might like that too.

Anyone else??

14. Carson

Carson Senior member

Calikid, how would you feel about a natural welt on the cotto Allan's?

15. AwfullyNiceGuy

AwfullyNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Oh why, oh why does cordovan have to be so beautiful... and so expensive.. I am gutted, that Cotto Cordovan looks amazeballs.

1 person likes this.
  16. roadway

roadway Member

The cotto cordovan does look good, even though I shouldn't be buying boots at the moment, but there is the lead time to consider :) I must say I like the black welt, it gives the boot a more formal look which I think suits it, dark brown welt etc would be the only other possibility I would consider so as not to detract from the cotto.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. Carson

Carson Senior member

Yes, that was my original thought at well ... you could dress them up a bit better if needed. I still prefer the black/cotto combo, and hopefully everyone can come on board.

18. Carson

Carson Senior member

OK, so Richard just got back to me with a very reasonable price quote of 445GBP which would be about $738, which was less than I was expecting, so there you go.

Price quote at $738

Having just communicated with Richard again, I think we are preferring a darker welt, which as a member stated above, gives it a more elegant look...

19. Carson

Carson Senior member

[​IMG]
    Just tempting peopleā€¦imagine with an appropriate black lining, of courseā€¦.

20. rainbowgrease

rainbowgrease Senior member

1 person likes this.