• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto Morning Suit HELP!

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This place is a wasteland for wedding attire. I can't find jackets or pants that are decent. Everything is heavily pleated and boxy! HELP!

osc

Reaction score
You've got some time remaining - Instead of OTR, how about MTM/Bespoke?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
You've got some time remaining - Instead of OTR, how about MTM/Bespoke?

Can't find a place that will do it for a reasonable price.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a mail order rental place?

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
Budget? If you don't mind me asking
+1. This would help us help you. Also, what do you have in mind so far in terms of details; do you just need the jacket and pants? I don't think I've seen a morning coat OTR around here (mind you I've never tried to look for one).

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I need the vest, coat and pants. I'm just going with a standard shirt and a wedding tie.

Budget? I could go 1K for the whole get-up, but I find it hard to justify the cost right now with everything else that comes along with a wedding, moving in together, relocating to a new city, etc. etc.

I think the odds of getting the whole thing made for 1K in Toronto is slim. Brooks has them OTR with heavy pleats for $2500!!!!

The online MTM may be the way to go but that coat seems silly long for a Morning coat.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Thanks for the help guys. I need the vest, coat and pants. I'm just going with a standard shirt and a wedding tie.

Budget? I could go 1K for the whole get-up, but I find it hard to justify the cost right now with everything else that comes along with a wedding, moving in together, relocating to a new city, etc. etc.

I think the odds of getting the whole thing made for 1K in Toronto is slim. Brooks has them OTR with heavy pleats for $2500!!!!

The online MTM may be the way to go but that coat seems silly long for a Morning coat.

Mytailor is paying a visit to Toronto on Mar 1st and 2nd - perhaps you should pay them a visit? PM Me if you need the number

I am pleased to let you know that Mr. Ken Daswani of Hemrajani Tailors will shortly be making a special visit to your area. Ken Daswani very much looks forward to meeting you, and welcomes the opportunity to be of service any way he can.

As you know, Ken Daswani will be carrying the latest selection of styles and fine fabrics with him. I'm sure you will find something memorable to suit your personal taste.

His schedule is as follows:

March 1, 2 Mon - Tue
Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Centre
123 Queen St. West

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to Spiro's on the Danforth and he said about $1500 tax in. Korrey's down the street wanted $1500 plus tax for entry level fabrics.

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I went to Spiro's on the Danforth and he said about $1500 tax in. Korrey's down the street wanted $1500 plus tax for entry level fabrics.

So are you thinking of going with either of these two at this point? I believe GucciKid had a bad experience with Spiros - maybe you should contact him.

I've mentioned Xavier before, why not speak to him? He'll draft you an individual pattern and it will be mostly if not completely machine made unlike the above two which are MTMs. If you're only going to wear this suit for your wedding you could also go for cheaper fabrics.

What about Trend?

japhi

Reaction score
Go to Harry's and get a MTM Coppley. You can get a great suit that will fit bang on fo under 1K.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads