• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top things you've learned from SF !

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
They would sniff it out as elitist, capitalistic, exploitive of the hardscrabble proles of Northampton, uptight, Republican, or worse, Democratic. Brand recognition would only be icing.

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
A pair of Norwegians (a.k.a., weejuns) - *** - penny loafers.

Smart casual, very suitable for casual weekend day wear in town. Non-businesses, such as medical doctors and academics may wear them all week-long.
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by SantaCruzGuy
Hi folks, I'm brand new to this forum (although I've been reading just about all of your posts for many months), knew I'd get around to registering sooner or later
wink.gif

I couldn't find a more appropriate location for posting a new thread unfort.
I also wanted to ask you experts a question re. a pair of shoes being listed on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-PUR...QQcmdZViewItem

I like the style. They look pretty elegant-more of a pointed less rounded, blunt last, etc. There's also a tan pair that for some reason look a little nicer.
Just wondered what your thoughts were, etc.
Thanks for reading my post!
Cheers,
Duncan

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have learned that to generate a melange of off-kilter academic and cultural references in a pastiche of decadent ****-eroticism and pompously fractured grammar, when tinctured with condescending elitism can be fun. And though lacking in a certain soignÃ
00a9.png
e, I find it is transformative of the confines of a bus station restroom to the Lupanare of Pompeii.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I have learned that to generate a melange of off-kilter academic and cultural references in a pastiche of decadent ****-eroticism and pompously fractured grammar, when tinctured with condescending elitism can be fun. And though lacking in a certain soignÃ
00a9.png
e, I find it is transformative of the confines of a bus station restroom to the Lupanare of Pompeii.

I learned this, too.

jjgold

Reaction score
Ummm...

1. That because I HAVE to wear a suit does not mean that I can't REALLY enjoy it!

2. That premium shoes ARE worth the money!

3. Looking good and feeling good are synonymous!

4. Seven and Eleven fold ties were actually made specifically for me.
plain.gif

5. My wife thinks I have a mental problem since I got addicted to this site.
tounge.gif

6. I REALLY like those little happy face dudes.
bounce2.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
00a9.png

As they called Bo Diddley, you are the Originator. Interesting that you abandon all pretense when making anti-Semitic comments and boasting of your faux-tortoise shell eyewear; surely a self-avowed (homoerotic) dandy would pony up the not too unreasonable funds of $700 for some interesting albeit pedestrian horn? Your shack in the woods must have a fine internet connection, you bus station jerker.

SantaCruzGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks for the quick response to my question re. those shoes. Yes, I know who the manufacturer is & I know they're highly esteemed.
Also, I apologize if I posted in the wrong location, I was looking for an active thread, etc.

Here's my question. I like the look of those shoes a lot. The dark browns are gone, but the tan version is left & I'm thinking of bidding on them. Is tan a reasonable colour? My gut instinct tells me they look cool. Also, I'll need a belt to match & wondered if you thought this would fit the bill.......

http://www.coach.com/content/product...category_id=49

I have a hunch it might be too 'casual' for EG loafers, etc. It's the only tan belt they curr. sell however.

Many thanks from you experts!

worship.gif

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
I'm no expert, so for the right choice I recommend you consult a lady friend since you're dressing for casual, I suppose. Ladies are supposed to be very good in colour-matching, I've heard.

However, here's my 2 cents worth. To look taller, you probably only need to consider your trousers when you wish to match the belt using the reasoning that the longer your trousers look, the longer your legs seem and therefore the taller you'll look. Also, considering the colours of both belt and shoes, I suspect you're thinking of a pair of trousers in the brownish/khaki/tan/greenish/yellowish range. In that case, I don't foresee any clashes in your choices.
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by SantaCruzGuy
Hi guys,
Thanks for the quick response to my question re. those shoes. Yes, I know who the manufacturer is & I know they're highly esteemed.
Also, I apologize if I posted in the wrong location, I was looking for an active thread, etc.

Here's my question. I like the look of those shoes a lot. The dark browns are gone, but the tan version is left & I'm thinking of bidding on them. Is tan a reasonable colour? My gut instinct tells me they look cool. Also, I'll need a belt to match & wondered if you thought this would fit the bill.......

http://www.coach.com/content/product...category_id=49

I have a hunch it might be too 'casual' for EG loafers, etc. It's the only tan belt they curr. sell however.

Many thanks from you experts!

worship.gif

argoth

Reaction score
Yesterday I learned a new lesson: when you see Vale chestnuts in your size for $700, you don't hesitate. There are StyleForum people everywhere ready to pounce upon, what could have been, your lovely shoes.

Arg

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are smilies heretofore undreamt of in my philosophy
teacha.gif
smile.gif
worship.gif
spam[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
bounce2.gif
bigstar[1].gif
rimshot.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
alien.gif
bored.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
sly.gif
angry.gif
rotflmao.gif
patch[1].gif
worship2.gif
lurker[1].gif
peepwall[1].gif
cold[1].gif
thumbs-up.gif
butbut.gif
wink.gif
revolve.gif
decisions.gif
baldy[1].gif
deadhorse-a.gif
satisfied.gif
happy.gif
redface.gif
fight[1].gif
cool.gif
boxing[1].gif
laugh.gif
plain.gif
frown.gif
blush.gif
devil.gif
confused.gif
tounge.gif
marchal.gif
shog[1].gif
nod[1].gif
stirpot.gif
lookaround.gif
dozingoff.gif
cheers.gif
dozingoff.gif
cheers.gif
crazy.gif
censored.gif
cloud.gif
fing02[1].gif
snork[1].gif
cry.gif
colgate.gif
biggrin.gif
uhoh.gif
nest.gif
1159[1].gif
sarcasm.gif
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
teacha.gif
boxing[1].gif
laugh.gif
worship.gif
plain.gif
spam[1].gif
frown.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
blush.gif
bounce2.gif
devil.gif
inlove.gif
lol8[1].gif
confused.gif
bigstar[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

jmatt

Reaction score
1) Brown is for farmer (everyone should be required to edit their answers to include this one.

The rest, in no particular order:

2) Canvassed - not fused
3) Black pants are for waiter
4) Balmorals vs. Bluchers
5) There are dozens of shades of brown shoes. I need the entire spectrum.
6) OTR shirts will never fit.
6a) Jantzen
7) Pantherella
8) Sevenfold
9) Shoe trees and shoe rotation
10) It's OK for a hetero to give a #$%^ about dressing well

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
00a9.png

Like he said.

[
plain.gif
confused.gif
tounge.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
inlove.gif
bounce2.gif
devil.gif
]

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That too many people obsess over clothing rather than enjoy wearing it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads