• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Gear (UK) discussion

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Lotus was indeed great. But the should stop waisting time on making a c movieclip (at the beginning). The didn't reviewed any new car this episode :(.

Last edited:

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That Lotus was incredible. 600k? Worth it. Man, I wish I that kind of dispensable cash.

They showed the Exos?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They showed the Exos?

Yeah. It was pretty sick. I'm confused as to how often can I take it to a track with the cook and team etc..

I loved the bit about the whole detective/cop tv intro. Was hilarious! Jensen Interceptor is still a fave as well!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah. It was pretty sick. I'm confused as to how often can I take it to a track with the cook and team etc..

I loved the bit about the whole detective/cop tv intro. Was hilarious! Jensen Interceptor is still a fave as well!

I didn't see the episode, but my understanding is whenever you want. When you purchase the car, you get a certain number of outings, plus the coaching, fitness guy, etc, included in the price. After that you're on your own, but lotus will continue to maintain the car for you (though it doesn't need to be brought in every time you track it).

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't see the episode, but my understanding is whenever you want. When you purchase the car, you get a certain number of outings, plus the coaching, fitness guy, etc, included in the price. After that you're on your own, but lotus will continue to maintain the car for you (though it doesn't need to be brought in every time you track it).

Hmm that makes sense... now to go raise 1Mill.. oh wait its sold out isn't it?

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No you can only rend this car, since it's not possible to get a number plate for it.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So its different from the FXX which you own but Ferrari maintains.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are scheduled check-ups once you reach certain mileage, but from my understanding it's yours to put on a trailer and take to the track whenever you feel like it. You get 5 track days plus the training included with the purchase. They've deliberately "de-tuned" it a bit so that it doesn't required the same maintenance a real f1 car does, but I'm sure it still requires a fair bit of maintenance, and lotus is obviously the only place you can take it, but i'm not sure how they handle it exactly. Obviously, you need pretty deep pockets beyond just being able to make the initial purchase.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toys for very rich people.

I guess this is only possible in the UK then? I cant see them lugging all that stuff around the world.

Its a great program if you can afford it and are willing to train for it. But frankly, Jeremy's feedback is probably going to be the case for buyers. Most people will **** their pants before they push the car into its correct working range. You need to be doing 30 or 40 lap stints, most soft handed corporate lackey golf playing white men wont be able to hack more than a few laps. Trainer ******, the only way tto develop the neck strength is to run the car.

I suspect you'll get a bunch of guys that try it a year and quit.

jon-mullen

Reaction score

Most people will **** their pants before they push the car into its correct working range. You need to be doing 30 or 40 lap stints, most soft handed corporate lackey golf playing white men wont be able to hack more than a few laps.

Or do a couple warm-up laps and then a few flying quali laps, lol. I'd sooner have a Formula Ford or Formula Renault (or even a Formula Vee) that you can actually race against other people. Then again, having Jean Alesi around could be helpful...

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to touch upon the fields of army vehicles up for sale. Is there anything like that in the USA?
I'd be interested in buying a H1 or Jeeps etc.. that the US Army uses.

Alfa159

Reaction score

Wanted to touch upon the fields of army vehicles up for sale. Is there anything like that in the USA?
I'd be interested in buying a H1 or Jeeps etc.. that the US Army uses.

Unsure. They seemed to be great value, but I bet the insurance is through the roof though.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched last show of series. Brilliant. Loved the last section about the veterans from Afghan.

Lambo Aventador is a beast, very sick. Also one of the more honest approaches to Electric vehicles they've put on yet.

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
In the last episode, when they were in the tea-house playing Scrabble, did you notice "testicle" and "******"?:D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads