• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top 3 Go To Brands/Items currently in your wardrobe

jkennett

Reaction score
ben sherman shirts because i have quite a collection of them from over the years from both purchases and gifts.

rrl denim rotation. also, i have a pair of super lightweight resin treated denim that i wear consistently in the summer by ted baker. they are cheaply constructed but cut perfectly and looked damned good.

winter/fall- my ancient 1490 docs that are in tatters.

summer/spring-adidas stan smiths (classics, as well as japanese safety styles, and a pair i'm wearing to death that are white perforated with a clear sole.

lazyhead

Reaction score
shirts: cheap flannels: 5cm, uniqlo and some crappy volcom western shirt.

jackets:
Uppercut courier jacket - a really nice spring jacket, perfect fit....too bad Uppercut seems to have gone the way of the dodo.
Nom De Guerre flight rain jacket - really nice and lightweight, I just wear it as a windbreaker.

shoes: beat up chucks...I feel bad that I never wear any of my better shoes.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Muji white v-necks...wear em on a daily basis tucked into:
2. YYPH slim cut black pants w/ a double fold cargo pocket on the left thigh...the material feels like bamboo paper, it's some kind of cotton/linen/synthetic blend, fully cupro lined and very comfortable as well as aesthetically pleasing.
3. Boxers...i've pretty much stopped wearing briefs as of a few months ago. I get them from Muji as well.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far

AApparel
Nudie RRDS
red wing Gts

Close seconds
Frye brando lace ups and clarks sand DBs

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 - my acne max jeans (I have raw and shaved) are being revisited after a long hiatus (aka the 5epxSF months) and I've forgotten how awesome the max raws are.

2 - Unlucky's knockoffs - he's made me a knockoff of the dior homme double-wrap belt and the Flat Head mid-size wallet. Both are amazing quality and skill and cost about 25% of the originals.

3 - Dior Homme tshirts - especially the "Boy About Town" red tshirt. I've always loved this shirt, finally tracked it down in my size :) Their "made in Italy" shirts fit me perfectly.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
3 - Dior Homme tshirts - especially the "Boy About Town" red tshirt.

Do you know if this shirt was supposed to be an homage to The Jam or just a coincidence they used the same catch phrase? First time I saw this shirt being worn I thought it was a bootleg Jam shirt, then realized it was DH

TheDroog

Reaction score
For summer:

Threadless t-shirts: Best designs around
Levi's 514: Inexpensive, and they fit me perfectly
Converse Kiro Ox: Same price as chucks, 10x more comfortable

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
currently my top 3 is

Gilded Age brown mole cotton jacket. this jacket is just amazing in its little details, construction, fabric, cut and just overall quality. what other amazing this is i got this for just 135 dollars when it retails for over 750.

PRPS raw tight fit. amazing fit and cut. one of the tops in quality amongst the denim i own. i dare say it is on par if not better than the KMW quality.

7Fam slim A pocket jeans. sorry to admit, although i bought alot of jeans and tried on alot of brands, i cant get over the fact that 7fam (in a few models) just has the best cut out of all of them so far. this of course is all in preference, and my preference differs from the sf norm here, but for a flattering cut for your figure, this one is great.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Uhhh I guess

Jil Sander tshirts: work fine on their own or with a suit
Martin Margiela chinos: can wear them to the deli or to work and easy to throw on with lots of things
Jil Sander drivers & Gucci mocs (at least in the summer time): The navy JS for dark clothes days and the brown mocs for other non black days. Both help beat the heat.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&M V necks. I tried really hard to like AA, but the H&M are cheaper, feel better and fit better. Sorry, ethical production.

Acne Mic's. Just got these from Denim Bar, and although they are a little heavy for summer I love them and can't bring myself to wear anything else right now.

Polo Boat Shoes. Got these in new condition off ebay, No idea what year or collection, but they are nicely beat up now and are my perfect summer shoe.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
2 - Unlucky's knockoffs - he's made me a knockoff of the dior homme double-wrap belt and the Flat Head mid-size wallet. Both are amazing quality and skill and cost about 25% of the originals.

Info?

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aa - i'd be totally lost without aa. i wear something aa everyday whether it's an undershirt or band shirt.

skull - my favorite jeans i plan to wear into the ground.

my footwear alternates more than anything else but lately i've been wearing my white leather spring courts the most.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads