• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tom ford coat question.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have removed the photo but I think it was more inappropriate for you to sabotage my sale thread than for me to put up a nice picture that happened to belong to one of the members. You could have messaged me. I am an honest seller and buyer. I have been on styleforum for 4 years and I am not here looking to make money. Usually I just reply to fs or wtb threads, this is the secod fs thread i have made and it annoys me that you were so rude.

Dude, you say you are on vacation, don't have the coat in hand, start a MC thread about a piece you are selling in B&S, post a picture that you say you googled of the coat, and are asking $2200 for it.

I gave you advice on pricing, for which you even quoted me in your FS thread, and I suggested you take actual pictures of the garment, as opposed to putting up a random picture from the internet. Its the least you could do to try and sell a two thousand dollar jacket for crying out loud. And for Pete's sake - if someone used a picture of you wearing a jacket to try and sell something, wouldn't you at least like to be asked? Or like to know about it? It just so happened the picture you used was of a longtime SF member and the guy I sold that jacket to.

Think about all that for a minute.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have removed the photo but I think it was more inappropriate for you to sabotage my sale thread than for me to put up a nice picture that happened to belong to one of the members. You could have messaged me. I am an honest seller and buyer. I have been on styleforum for 4 years and I am not here looking to make money. Usually I just reply to fs or wtb threads, this is the secod fs thread i have made and it annoys me that you were so rude.

Yeah to be honest, lad, you were the one who broke the 'unwritten' rules here. Spoo merely pointed out a few things we all take for granted.

ckessani

Reaction score
i agree that i should have waited until I got home to sell the coat but I am anxious to fund other things. Also i would in no way be bothered if someone used a picture of me on a for sale thread on a forum im a member, especially since it was clear that the coat I had up there was not mine. I was not hiding anything from anyone and there are a number of fs items that go up each day that are just stock pictures of an item. In any case I am sorry I broke the unwritten rules, and spoo i wasnt trying to be catty with you. I just would never post something on a fs thread that would hurt the seller, somehow that feels wrong to me and should be one of the said unwritten rules.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll give you some sympathy, at least the face portion is blurred.

Now let me have that coat and we will all forgive you :)

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. I was just jerking your chain brother. I'm a full time college student, as much as I want it there is no way I can afford that.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i agree that i should have waited until I got home to sell the coat but I am anxious to fund other things. Also i would in no way be bothered if someone used a picture of me on a for sale thread on a forum im a member, especially since it was clear that the coat I had up there was not mine. I was not hiding anything from anyone and there are a number of fs items that go up each day that are just stock pictures of an item. In any case I am sorry I broke the unwritten rules, and spoo i wasnt trying to be catty with you. I just would never post something on a fs thread that would hurt the seller, somehow that feels wrong to me and should be one of the said unwritten rules.

Sorry if it came across wrong. I would never **** on someones sale - and I didn't say anything to hurt your sale, I only suggested what you knew already, which was to get actual pics of the garment. I hope you sell it for $3,000 if its the same coat I had. Just do it right is my suggestion.

ckessani

Reaction score
hey viral how bout putting up some feedback for me so people know im good to work with.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

group hug!!

:), and lets not forget singing kumbaya my lord around the campfire melting marshmallows.

make a reasonable offer and its urs. :) thanks for the sympathy

Put in on eBay, place a BIN of $2200 but allow an offer. If I had that coat and it was a Used item, I personally would accept offers of $1200 there or thereabouts. Even though it is a Tom Ford, few people will buy second hand unless it is 1/4 to 1/3 full retail. And even that is pushing it...

Last edited:

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said, just let me have it for free and you won't have this problem to stress over OP.

ckessani

Reaction score

:), and lets not forget singing kumbaya my lord around the campfire melting marshmallows.

Put in on eBay, place a BIN of $2200 but allow an offer. If I had that coat and it was a Used item, I personally would accept offers of $1200 there or thereabouts. Even though it is a Tom Ford, few people will buy second hand unless it is 1/4 to 1/3 full retail. And even that is pushing it...

Yea i might do that, the coat is unused though as in i have never put it on except when i tried it on. Worst case scenario i could just give it to piece of sand.....
im going to go melt some marshmallows on the beach because as we established i am on vacation and my friends have started a fire on the beach.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads