• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford

Ford

Reaction score
I definitely prefer the Shelton cut with the wider lapels, and most recent models are double vented.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VBC put together in China. Has more handwork than TF. Oh yes it is MTM but cost fraction of what TF cost.

Missing label but made far more superior than TF

Attachments

• a9764bb4-909f-4e65-b38a-0e44c37d285d.jpeg
    a9764bb4-909f-4e65-b38a-0e44c37d285d.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 576
  • 55e50710-c7cb-4f46-b1c3-3bd2a1d2a70e.jpeg
    55e50710-c7cb-4f46-b1c3-3bd2a1d2a70e.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 579

pwc008

Reaction score
VBC put together in China. Has more handwork than TF. Oh yes it is MTM but cost fraction of what TF cost.

Missing label but made far more superior than TF

And, where can you go to get that? Also, is there a forward pleat option? As one member mentioned above, TF does offer one. TF also has a single pleat option, as I have one - MTM @ NM in about 2018/19.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, where can you go to get that? Also, is there a forward pleat option? As one member mentioned above, TF does offer one. TF also has a single pleat option, as I have one - MTM @ NM in about 2018/19.
You can design and order anything you like and it is made accordingly. Chinos, one pleat, two pleats, forward pleats, reverse pleats you design it and the factory makes it. CMT and 3 weeks turnaround. It does not have a TF label to it that is the only issue here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean if you're the know, yes, you can find someone competent to copy, I'm not though, what's the shop's wechat handle (and chinese only)?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can design and order anything you like and it is made accordingly. Chinos, one pleat, two pleats, forward pleats, reverse pleats you design it and the factory makes it. CMT and 3 weeks turnaround. It does not have a TF label to it that is the only issue here.

But does it actually mimic TF construction? Serious question. If so, you’ve hit gold.

There are lots of MTM programs that offer sweeping lapels, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the same silhouette. As a well-regarded expert on this forum once noted (after dissecting a TF suit), TF/Zegna has a very talented cutter.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But does it actually mimic TF construction? Serious question. If so, you’ve hit gold.

There are lots of MTM programs that offer sweeping lapels, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the same silhouette. As a well-regarded expert on this forum once noted (after dissecting a TF suit), TF/Zegna has a very talented cutter.
I prefer softer tailoring so not sure if I can answer that.

philwongnz

Reaction score
I'm lucky to say I own around 20+ Tom Ford suits (I actually lost count) and numerous blazers.

I have been wearing TF since 2009 and my experience is, sizing varies season to season even in the same model/cut. My favourite is Base A (Windsor) and I have suits/blazers vary from 46R to 52R (with 52 more wider on the torso but shoulders fits). TF sizing for the first 10 yrs are all over the place and unless you have measurements and know the material it can be hard to estimate your size properly. For me the Shelton is probably the closest to Windsor but a tad narrower. I personally don't like Shelton as it doesn't have the volume and cut as Windsor (which is now discontinued) but my advise is to try them on first in a store to see it suits you. For example, TF trousers tend to be high waisted, and if you have a bit of a belly (where I developed one during Covid) is not comfortable when you sit. Another thing to remember as the lapels are rather wide, if you are not used to the look, again it might feel odd.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have three EU46C (US36S), and none were MTO, so would imagine they do EU48C, just not very often. Interesting points on wider torso, I definitely don't feel that (though only have one 46R to compare)

philwongnz

Reaction score
I have three EU46C (US36S), and none were MTO, so would imagine they do EU48C, just not very often. Interesting points on wider torso, I definitely don't feel that (though only have one 46R to compare)
Yeah you have to compare the same suit in a R in the same season. The reason I know this is because a friend of mine bought a brand new TF 3 piece Windsor from Selfridges. He was a 48 and initially tried on the R. With the R it was too long for him on the arms and body, but it fits his torso, so the sales assistant ordered a C for him so is less alternations (don't need to shorten the sleeves and body) but just need to take in the torso as the cut was catered for slightly "stockier" wearer where they have extra fabric where it is much easier to take things in VS not having enough fabric to take things out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads