• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do I find a Tom Ford solid navy suit online? At a loss.

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the question above states, I’ve tried searching eBay and every luxury clothing site I can think of and have had no luck finding a solid navy TF suit 38r size in either Shelton, Atticus, or Windsor cuts. Willing to spend 2-3k but I literally can find nothing in the price range and color/fit combo above. Are TF solid navy suits really that hard to come by? The closest I can find is Harrods.com has a sharkskin navy Shelton for a little over 4K but that’s really more than I’m willing to drop on a single suit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I find it hard to believe that it’s this hard to find a solid TF navy suit for up to $3k.

pbyte13

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the question above states, I’ve tried searching eBay and every luxury clothing site I can think of and have had no luck finding a solid navy TF suit 38r size in either Shelton, Atticus, or Windsor cuts. Willing to spend 2-3k but I literally can find nothing in the price range and color/fit combo above. Are TF solid navy suits really that hard to come by? The closest I can find is Harrods.com has a sharkskin navy Shelton for a little over 4K but that’s really more than I’m willing to drop on a single suit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I find it hard to believe that it’s this hard to find a solid TF navy suit for up to $3k.
have you checked TheRealReal? You might have to monitor daily postings b/c they can go fast.

something like this might be a bit too big...

But good news is that they're only about ~$1200 with returns.

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
have you checked TheRealReal? You might have to monitor daily postings b/c they can go fast.

something like this might be a bit too big...

But good news is that they're only about ~$1200 with returns.
I actually looked at that suit a few days ago. The shoulders are a bit too big. I was surprised at the sleeve length too - 29 inch sleeves on a 30 inch long jacket? That doesn’t make any sense to me unless you have insanely long arms. My jacket length is exactly 30 inches usually and my sleeve length is around 24-25 inches on all my suits.

pbyte13

Reaction score
I actually looked at that suit a few days ago. The shoulders are a bit too big. I was surprised at the sleeve length too - 29 inch sleeves on a 30 inch long jacket? That doesn’t make any sense to me unless you have insanely long arms. My jacket length is exactly 30 inches usually and my sleeve length is around 24-25 inches on all my suits.
ya my experience with TRR is that if there are numbered sizes (like US17, or IT52), those tend to be the most trustworthy aspect of the description (i.e. not the "size" -- M / 3XL / etc. or all of the dimension measurements). They have honored returns, even when item is marked down past no return discount, when something in their description was demonstrably incorrect.

On suiting I don't think they have a consistent standard on where they are measuring from on a jacket, so yeah, you are probably right & that 29in sleeve is just a mistake.

letmefly

Reaction score
To me that looks like the TF standard sleeves (25,5-26) judging from the photos. No way that is 29 inch sleeves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads