• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did Drew/anyone ever expand on patch/no patch from the original design perspective? I went without, per Charly's recommendation.
It has never stood out as a integral detail to me either way.

I thought the without patch recommendation was tied to the leather choice - I think it was something like with patch if you're getting brown lamb, without for anything else.

AFAIK, one reason for the patch is that it visually breaks up the wall of leather on the chest area.

Also, I know they don't recommend a patch if you're getting goat.  The suede just doesn't look right ontop of the goat.

I went without the patch for my first brown lamb A2 a couple of years ago and have no regrets but my replacement that is due in a couple of weeks does have the patch so then I'll know what I've been missing. Definitely love the patch on my black CWU/45 but I think the A2 can actually do without, and is probably more versatile (and less casual?) without.

The patch on the A-2 is supposed to be a nice little nod/homage to the vintage/old school A-2/G-1 jackets that pilots/airmen wore.

Last edited:

Karura

Reaction score
Hi friends, I just ordered a leather MA-1 and TOJ0. Still unsure what colour for the TOJ0.

Does anyone have a grey/black or grey/grey or black/grey combo? I'm curious what is the combo of the one posted on the tumblr. Looks really good.

To rephrase, does anyone have regrets going with black/black and think a grey/black combo might work better?

Cheers

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I haven't been here in a few weeks and I was content with just having a moto, but now I see orders appear to still be open, I'm starting to itch for that suiting wool MA1 again...

If they're still open next week perhaps I will be emailing charly. Atleast sizing should be easy since I think they're stock sizes only.

TOJfirstimer

Reaction score
I'm waiting on my first TOJ jacket (black leather MA-1), if they're still open for business after I get I think I'm going to go for the T1 (I don't want to order until I try my MA-1 to make sure my measurements are good). I'm thinking Navy for T1, but can't seem to find pictures of one in Navy...thoughts?

coolron

Reaction score
There's a leather ma-1? The site only shows the suiting wool one in available products. Anybody have pics?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unglazed brown goat A-2 came in. I'm really glad I went with the goat. It's really supple still, but seems a little more abrasion-resistant than lamb. Wish I'd gone a little larger on the bicep measurement, because I think it will constrict my arms if I'm wearing a thicker sweater. Otherwise it fits me great.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unglazed brown goat A-2 came in. I'm really glad I went with the goat. It's really supple still, but seems a little more abrasion-resistant than lamb. Wish I'd gone a little larger on the bicep measurement, because I think it will constrict my arms if I'm wearing a thicker sweater. Otherwise it fits me great.

...this post is missing something

Mark9fiji

Reaction score
Your right, something is missing, but I can't quite put my finger on what... Anyways, good news!

My jackets arrived today! About 4 days from notification to delivery in Los Angeles :)

jackmccabe

Reaction score
Unglazed dark grey goat 4-zip moto arrived today. The leather is absolutely amazing, feels really different to the lamb more abrasion resistant but quite a bit lighter.
The unglazed goat still has a little bit of sheen to it so it makes me wonder quite how shiny the goat is in person.
Shipping was insanely fast, arrived in 3 days to the UK.
Will try and get pics up later.

Axelbaws

Reaction score
Yo,

Currently thinking of buying my first leather jacket... Do you guys think TOJ is worth the money for a first timer?
Also I want a biker jacket, but I am afraid that it will be a little too "bold" for me to wear. Thats why I'm considering suede (I DO love suede). Do you guys think I'm on the right track? What biker model would be the least... eh... ...flashy(?)? Sad to say, I am not one those guys who can wear whatever and think "whatever". Do think I will be comfortable in a biker jacket, because I do love the look of it.

Cheers

PS. As I've understood it, the time is ticking, therefore I could use some of your expertise! DS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads