1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Gracias, mi amor. That thing is delicious.

2. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

iirc that's a different navy calf from the current offering.

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Tomorrow is Friday boys. You know what that means. Potential toj0 and/or daypack shipping. Be excited

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

This dude is correct.

This navy lamb looks like:

5. Cole

Cole Senior member

Hi again, I'm sure you're all tired of my posts and I do apologize, but as of now it seems that I'll definitely have enough for a TOJ before the cut-off date (assuming what I'm selling, sells.) I'm not quite certain on what jacket to get. Definitely want lamb and silver zips and a DR style. Trying to decide between a few jackets, input and other suggestions would be great, thanks.

- Black lamb BCDR, channel quilt, silver zips

- Black lamb 4-zip MDR, no quilt, silver zips

- Medium Gray lamb 3-zip MDR, no quilt, ? zips

6. Wade

Wade Senior member

Get the bcdr or grey 3 zip
    I see Black lamb 4 zip mdr in the mp occasionally

7. Cole

Cole Senior member

what is mp? and I'm leaning towards the bcdr at this point but the gray mdr would be sick as well...

8. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

mp = marketplace.

9. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

Yes that's the navy I want. However, I've seen the gallery pics of the navy lamb QDR and they seem a bit lighter than that, so I'm hoping an owner of a navy lamb jacket can chime in with which is the true color.

10. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Not sure if it's going to be possible -- but it would be interesting to know the stats on how many jackets end up getting ordered in this 1 month time period.

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Dozens of jackets were being made regularly- Not just sufu and style forum, but word of mouth and those who do not post are much larger than the visible customers. I wouldn't be surprised if the order is increased by more than tens-fold.

1 person likes this.
  12. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

See that's what I want to know. Maybe not so much a specific number, but the percent increase in jacket orders over the course of the month. Just for fun.

13. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

This one. I don't personally think the quilting is a timeless look. The MDR is a classic style and would be excellent in black lamb. Assuming this is your first or second jacket, I wouldn't recommend gray at this point. As for the marketplace point, yes they do pop up, but I think you'd be happier to have one made to your measurements rather than hoping on is a close fit.

14. Cole

Cole Senior member

you guys are tearing me apart

15. grit

grit Senior member

Well hey, you can't go wrong

FWIW I vote Black MDR. My first TOJ was a black QDR and I have no regrets, black leather with classic biker styling is soooooo easy to wear. For your first jacket, it should be something you love to wear often

16. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

uhh... Arent you pretty young? Get what you think would look coolest on you. Fuck timeless if youre buying a biker jacket to begin with. If you're still weary, remember that as long as you don't omit zips and crap, Drew only sells classic rider designs that have never really gone out of style anyway. I've seen tons of old guys rocking their old leather jackets without a problem - the biggest secret to that is not getting fat. The deadline isn't here yet, so just think about which jacket you'd be most excited to receive in 4-6 months.

If I were in your position though, I'd get the bcdr.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    4 people like this.
  17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Leather MA-1 order in. CANNOT WAIT.

1 person likes this.
  18. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

I'm 5'8" and about 150lbs. My measurements are very similar, just slightly smaller in the shoulders, slightly bigger in the mid/waist, and then a couple of inches shorter in all of the lengths.

I am planning on submitting my payment tomorrow, but I'm nervous as shit about the suggested measurements. Especially the waist. I keep wanting to make everything smaller. There's nothing worse than a leather jacket that doesn't hug you correctly. None of the leather jackets in my stable have a "waist" that is close to 19 inches, but then again they are all banded/ribbed instead of straight cut hems.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  19. stevent

stevent Senior member

woah how cropped do you want your jacket? Anything shorter than the 22 / 24 is crazy short