Thoughts on the Sartorialist

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TheBatman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. TheBatman

TheBatman Well-Known Member

Wonderful. A pearl clutching man-child who can't tolerate differing opinions.

Have you no shame?

I can assure everyone here that I will NEVER block anyone simply because they have a different opinion than me. I value free speech and recognize that words should not be censored either at a political or personal level simply because I disagree with the ideas they convey.

I am also not weak enough to allow some internet posts to affect me to the point that can never ever bear to see them again! (Cue pearl clutching about to faint granny voice)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Your ignorant aesthetic and cultural judgments are in perfect proportion to your writing, which is very poor and riddled with grammatical errors.

3. TheBatman

Yeah? Well guess what Trevor! Every morning I get here a half hour early and sexually assault a starfish!

Damn those movies are funny and among my favorites!

4. TheBatman

"perfect proportion to your writing."

How ironic.

5. TheBatman

Incidentally, can you please help me, oh enlightened one? What is it specifically about my aesthetic and cultural judgements that is ignorant? What knowledge do yo possess, oh wise sage of fashion-dom, that I am so utterly lacking?

Good grief. Did you even read the rest of the thread? This is not an argument. What am I suppose to say to this drivel?

"You are ignorant!"

"I know you are, but what am I!"

If this is the level of correspondence you wish to occupy, then you have my pity. Such manner of communication is not befitting someone of my intellect.

You are dismissed.

6. GoldenTribe

:laugh: Q.E.D.

Here's another way you might have broached the subject (this guy even sounds as pretentious as you do) without convincing your entire audience immediately that you are a cunt:

7. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

It's amazing to see all the hallmarks of alt-right argumentation - pompous verbosity, dog-whistles, indignation at "PC" critiques, insistence on supposedly obvious standards - applied to clothing.

Revolting, but kind of amazing.

8. TheBatman

I stopped reading when you called me a "c--t." So ironic, considering you are trying to advise me on how to communicate.

You hypocrite.

9. TheBatman

Once again, this is your opinion. Care to back it up with reasons of your own?

It is amazing to see all the hallmarks of left argumentation - ad hominem attacks, phony moral outrage, hypocritical moral posturing, the elevation of that which is clearly ugly over that which is decent and appealing - applied to clothing.

Revolting, but curious nonetheless. Like squashing a roach and then having to look at the bottom of your shoe.... though you know it will be disgusting.

See? Anyone can do it.

10. GoldenTribe

[​IMG]

11. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

Given that we disagree on this (and that you don't see it as a disagreement, but are sure that it's dishonesty on my part), there is obviously no space for discussion between us. Given how intelligent you clearly are, I'm surprised you don't see that.

12. TheBatman

Well at least we are back on topic. So you are saying that the picture in question, the dude in the makeup and manbun, looks good?

13. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

problem is the arguments you put forward are ridiculous.

-appeals to authority (wtf does 'pleasing to the senses' even mean? whose senses?) that anybody with any genuine creative experience realises is utterly spurious
    -'backed up' with reference to a hilariously predictable DWM western-centric canon

it's surely evident that reactionary bullshit like the stuff you're spouting would lead to utter creative stasis, whether in art, music or fashion.

14. TheBatman

[​IMG]
    Yikes! This is like watching a monkey trying to drive a car. You obviously have no idea what an "appeal to authority" is. I would have to teach you how to argue properly before actually arguing with you, which does not interest me. But keep going! This is wonderful entertainment.

15. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

you really are an annoying little fucker aren't you. ever hear of wittgenstein and 'ordinary language'?
    anyway, answer the question