• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on the Sartorialist

TheBatman

Reaction score
Less than a day and he made it onto my block list. That may be the fastest yet.

Wonderful. A pearl clutching man-child who can't tolerate differing opinions.

Have you no shame?

I can assure everyone here that I will NEVER block anyone simply because they have a different opinion than me. I value free speech and recognize that words should not be censored either at a political or personal level simply because I disagree with the ideas they convey.

I am also not weak enough to allow some internet posts to affect me to the point that can never ever bear to see them again! (Cue pearl clutching about to faint granny voice)

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some awkward writing ("We've rather clumsily built arguments that they emphasize the male form..") but nonetheless a coherent response.

Points for writing something of at least some merit AND for not being a politically correct stooge.

Your ignorant aesthetic and cultural judgments are in perfect proportion to your writing, which is very poor and riddled with grammatical errors.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Reaction score
Your ignorant aesthetic and cultural judgments are in perfect proportion to your writing, which is very poor and riddled with grammatical errors.

Incidentally, can you please help me, oh enlightened one? What is it specifically about my aesthetic and cultural judgements that is ignorant? What knowledge do yo possess, oh wise sage of fashion-dom, that I am so utterly lacking?

Good grief. Did you even read the rest of the thread? This is not an argument. What am I suppose to say to this drivel?

"You are ignorant!"

"I know you are, but what am I!"

If this is the level of correspondence you wish to occupy, then you have my pity. Such manner of communication is not befitting someone of my intellect.

You are dismissed.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:laugh: Q.E.D.

Here's another way you might have broached the subject (this guy even sounds as pretentious as you do) without convincing your entire audience immediately that you are a ****:

Charikleia

June 13, 2012 at 3:01 am

I beg to differ dear Sartorialist.

I do not like the combination of elements I see here, i.e. the scarf, the tank, the jeans and the bag. They do not match at all and confuse me a bit.

The eyebrows, oh, yes, but this is another story, a matter of careful grooming.

Well, it is all defied by the triumphant look in the boy’s eyes. Oh, the power of youth!

A big kiss from Greece!

YoungM

Reaction score
It's amazing to see all the hallmarks of alt-right argumentation - pompous verbosity, dog-whistles, indignation at "PC" critiques, insistence on supposedly obvious standards - applied to clothing.

Revolting, but kind of amazing.

TheBatman

Reaction score
laugh.gif
Q.E.D.

Here's another way you might have broached the subject (this guy even sounds as pretentious as you do) without convincing your entire audience immediately that you are a ****:

I stopped reading when you called me a "c--t." So ironic, considering you are trying to advise me on how to communicate.

You hypocrite.

TheBatman

Reaction score
It's amazing to see all the hallmarks of alt-right argumentation - pompous verbosity, dog-whistles, indignation at "PC" critiques, insistence on supposedly obvious standards - applied to clothing.

Revolting, but kind of amazing.

Once again, this is your opinion. Care to back it up with reasons of your own?

It is amazing to see all the hallmarks of left argumentation - ad hominem attacks, phony moral outrage, hypocritical moral posturing, the elevation of that which is clearly ugly over that which is decent and appealing - applied to clothing.

Revolting, but curious nonetheless. Like squashing a roach and then having to look at the bottom of your shoe.... though you know it will be disgusting.

See? Anyone can do it.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YoungM

Reaction score

the elevation of that which is clearly ugly over that which is decent and appealing

Given that we disagree on this (and that you don't see it as a disagreement, but are sure that it's dishonesty on my part), there is obviously no space for discussion between us. Given how intelligent you clearly are, I'm surprised you don't see that.

TheBatman

Reaction score
Given that we disagree on this (and that you don't see it as a disagreement, but are sure that it's dishonesty on my part), there is obviously no space for discussion between us. Given how intelligent you clearly are, I'm surprised you don't see that.

Well at least we are back on topic. So you are saying that the picture in question, the dude in the makeup and manbun, looks good?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
problem is the arguments you put forward are ridiculous.

-appeals to authority (wtf does 'pleasing to the senses' even mean? whose senses?) that anybody with any genuine creative experience realises is utterly spurious
-'backed up' with reference to a hilariously predictable DWM western-centric canon

it's surely evident that reactionary bullshit like the stuff you're spouting would lead to utter creative stasis, whether in art, music or fashion.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Reaction score
problem is the arguments you put forward are ridiculous.

-appeals to authority (wtf does 'pleasing to the senses' even mean? whose senses?) that anybody with any genuine creative experience realises is utterly spurious
-'backed up' with reference to a hilariously predictable DWM western-centric

it's surely evident that reactionary bullshit like the stuff you're spouting would lead to utter creative stasis, whether in art, music or fashion.

lurker[1].gif

Yikes! This is like watching a monkey trying to drive a car. You obviously have no idea what an "appeal to authority" is. I would have to teach you how to argue properly before actually arguing with you, which does not interest me. But keep going! This is wonderful entertainment.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you really are an annoying little ****** aren't you. ever hear of wittgenstein and 'ordinary language'?
anyway, answer the question

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads